Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

EAGLE WHEEL ALIGNMENT CHECKS

This forum will archives technical threads that are unique to Eagle Buses. There will be one thread for general comments, but the technical threads will be locked. The intent is to have a repository for detailed technical information that can be of prime importance to an Eagle Bus Owner. New threads can only be created by the forum administrators.
white-eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F317690
Bus Model: 1991 Eagle Motorcoach Model 15

Re: EAGLE WHEEL ALIGNMENT CHECKS

Post by white-eagle »

i got under the front axle this afternoon. You are right clifford, you can't hold a cold one and do this.
the book says the jack point is in the middle of the front axle, to jack the whole thing up! i just want one wheel at a time. Can you put the jack under the arm on the torsolactic? that looked like the easiest, or the shock absorber mount assembly right below the king pin assembly? The manual also shows a "square" plate right in front of the front wheel, but that is the corner by the door which does look sturdy, but is not a square. mine seems to be about 4 in front to back, but only 1.5-2in wide.

i don't want to start jacking and find my windshield cracked. :)

also, the jack came with a separate "assembly" to mount the gauge. Does that extra 3 or 4 inches of hydraulic mount mean i need more fluid? ahh, the little things they don't tell you. i guess they just assume all of us are a Rusty, Dan or Clifford. :lol:
Tom and Fran (Bandit RIP 10/10, 16 yrs),
91 Eagle Model 15, 8V92T, 740
Working, traveling and living in the bus.
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Tom,

You can jack under the the outermost part of the torsion bar which has a reinforced plate for jacking purposes. This will allow you to jack up each wheel individually just as if you were changing a tire.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
white-eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F317690
Bus Model: 1991 Eagle Motorcoach Model 15

Post by white-eagle »

Torsion bar? i'm assuming you mean the outermost edge of the torsilastic out by where the shock connects. sorry to be questioning, but i'm reading diagrams and nothing is called a torsion bar except on the steer gear. the end of the torsilastic does seem to have a welded plate flat spot on the bottom at the end where it connects to the king pin assembly.
Tom and Fran (Bandit RIP 10/10, 16 yrs),
91 Eagle Model 15, 8V92T, 740
Working, traveling and living in the bus.
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Thats the one Tom. Sorry for the terminolgy, it is referred to as torsilastic and torsion bar, same thing.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.