Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Skinner valve 6V92 Detroit

This forum will archives technical threads that are unique to Eagle Buses. There will be one thread for general comments, but the technical threads will be locked. The intent is to have a repository for detailed technical information that can be of prime importance to an Eagle Bus Owner. New threads can only be created by the forum administrators.
NWEagle
Bus Model: 1990 Eagle entertainer coach.

Skinner valve 6V92 Detroit

Post by NWEagle »

Hello,
Looking for a Parker "Skinner valve" for my 1990 Eagle bus. Does anyone have a source? Bus located N of Seattle. Thanks.
Jay Follman
(360) 661 2058

Paul B
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15 12 bunk Entertainer Coach

Re: Skinner valve 6V92 Detroit

Post by Paul B »

I am looking for one as well for my 1988 Bus with a 6V92TA, please hit me up if someone comes through with a source for a skinner valve.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Skinner valve 6V92 Detroit

Post by beltguy »

I am told that the skinner valve can be rebuilt.  If there is a kit, Luke at US Coach 856-794-3104 will know.  He may also have new ones.

Many folks also mention wiring problems as being the culprit rather than the valve itself.

The skinner valves on DD two stroke engines are unique in that the also have a push/pull action (as compared to a standard electrical air valve that many refer to as a skinner valve).  Since they are not unique to Eagles, they should be a bit easier to find. 

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.