Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1990 eagle bus, $5,000, Tampa Florida

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Billmnfl
FMCA #: F533506

1990 eagle bus, $5,000, Tampa Florida

Post by Billmnfl »

Hi. I was going through Facebook marketplace the other day and I ran across this advertisement for a 199 0 eagle bus for $5,000. The ad states that eagle bus parting out, but I asked the seller why he was parting it out. He offered for me to go take a look at it which I did.
Painted on the door was a memorial to Darrell Sweet. Also just after the door was painted Weeki Wachee River Rats.
So I found a group on Facebook that identified as weeki wachee River rats and I left a post asking if anybody knew about a big red bus that had weeki wachee River rats painted on the side of it near the door. To my surprise I received a post later that day from someone who knew about this bus and the previous owner who was a retired vet, using his own bus, drove the rock band Nazareth to their performances for 8 years. Darrrell Sweet was co-founder and drummer of Nazareth. So there's some history to this bus. Also I learned that in hurricane hermine in 2017 this bus was in the flood zone and the bus got flooded.
The bus actually looks pretty good from just looking at it but beware, I'm completely new at this and don't really know what to look for. I did read over the inspection that I found in here and I did open the two doors below the drivers seat and they all appeared to be pretty much intact. And in the upper door with the wiring, there were schematics on the door which identified some things. On the left rear cap above the engine, The current owner told me that a branch came down there and broke a hole through that but he said there was no water getting inside the bus it was only getting inside that cap. The current owner also told me that he drove the bus from Miami to Tampa and before he quite made it to where it is parked, he overheated the engine and said he blew a head gasket. He had to have the bus towed to its current spot at that time.
There's a bunch of stuff in the luggage bays and a bunch of stuff in the bus. Inside the bus it's late out with bunks. There's a couch in front and a dining table up front. There is a bathroom in the bus, but it does not have a shower. I'm going to try to post the link to the Facebook ad however if I'm unable to just do a search and Facebook marketplace for a 1990 eagle bus and it should come right up. If I knew more about this it would be mine right now. It's only selling for 5,000 bucks, needs new tires, needs an engine, so I probably kind of be a horse trader with this guy.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... tory_share

Well that was easier than I ever expected, but anyway somebody might find a good bus underneath all of this.

Good luck. Wish it were me.
Billmnfl
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: 1990 eagle bus, $5,000, Tampa Florida

Post by beltguy »

Bill, First of all, welcome to our forum.  Secondly, thank you for reporting this bus for sale. 

It sounds like the bus does not have major rust issues.  The engine is another story.  I suspect is is a cracked head rather than a gasket.

In general, it looks pretty good and might be a great project for someone willing to put a bunch of time and money into resurrection.

Short of that there is well over the asking price in parts if a person were willing to go to all the effort to part it out.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Billmnfl
FMCA #: F533506

Re: 1990 eagle bus, $5,000, Tampa Florida

Post by Billmnfl »

Jim, thanks for your welcome to the forum.
Yes, if I were only ten or fifteen years younger, I would jump at it. If only.....
I would hate to see it recycled, but it may give another bus a new lease on life.

Bill