Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Update sharing some of our life

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
eaglebus8920
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F294729
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 20
40 ft
6v92 DDEC II Allision HT 748R
6" Roof Raise, 2 slides outs , center door entry.

Update sharing some of our life

Post by eaglebus8920 »

It has been some time since we have posted on here and I feel bad for that. We have made so many fine friends here on the Eagle web site and the times that we could make a gathering. Some of you know that we blew a radiator coming to one of the gatherings, since then we have been having problems getting the Eagle to start. I have worked on it off and on for almost 2 years with no luck. We have kinda lost interest in the Eagle and it sits in storage.
Fed 3rd 2020 I was diagosed with AML. This is acute myloid luekemia this is a very fast growing lukemeia. I was admitted to Barnes Jewish Hospital Feb 6th  where I started chemo therapy right away. I was in the hospital 90 day, they released me to wait for a a bone marrow transplant. I was home for two weeks waiting for a stem cell donor, I was then admitted back into the hospital for the transplant. I was in the hospital 4 more weeks to make sure the transplant was successful. At this time my leukemia is remission. I am  home and able to work part time. I am truly blessed with the out come, I still have to have treatment at Sitemen Center for the Cancer. I hoping to get the energy to proceed with finishing the Eagle and being able to once again meet up with the people we met thru the Eagle site and the gatherings.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May god bless each and every one of you

Duane & Cheryl 
Eagle 89 Model 20 bus 

rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: Update sharing some of our life

Post by rusty »

We are truly blessed to be living in this great country with the greatest medical system in the world.  Glad to here you are beating your illness.
May your strength grow and life gets back to normal so you can work on and enjoy your Eagle
Happy holidays 
Wayne
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Hi Duane

Wow, you have been through a lot!  I am so glad that you have not given up on the Eagle.

I searched some of your previous posts and see that you live in the St. Louis area.  I only wish that you lived closer to the Denver area so that a couple of us in the area could lend a hand with your project.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Eagle obsessed
Bus Model: 1968 model 05 Eagle series 60 and B500

Post by Eagle obsessed »

hey duane, glad to hear from you, not sure if you'd remember me but i bought your hwh jacks, and installed in my bus. 
1968 05 Series 60/B500 swap 2019-2021
1971 05 8v71 Spicer 4 speed parts bus