Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Wayne St Onge has passed

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Wayne St Onge has passed

Post by beltguy »

The quote below was posted on the Bus Conversions Forum:
[[ Posted on behalf of Susan Groves ]]

The name Wayne StOnge is synonymous with the Eagle bus!

My first introduction to Wayne was his bus shop near Sarcoxie, MO many years ago. I stopped by I-44 Bus to look at a 1988 Eagle Model 10. With introductions and a quick look completed, I asked Wayne what he wanted for the bus. "82" he said,

For a brief moment, I found myself driving that Model 10 all over the country! "82 hundred?"I asked. Wayne responded, "Oh, no, brother...82 thousand!" My dreams of driving that bus evaporated.

Years later I reconnected with Wayne when we traded our '01 for one of his Model10's. What an exciting time for me!

Our friendship grew over the years and I know why he was affectionally called "preacher". Wayne was a man of strong faith and frequently sang his praises to God in gospel songs. He was true to his sabbath, (Saturday), and no business was ever conducted.

His knowledge about the Eagle bus was endless. Many of us have inquired of Wayne regarding a problem or a needed part for our buses. He always helped.

I spoke with him in late August, and told him how much I appreciated the sharing of his extensive knowledge of Eagle buses to so many of us. I thanked him for including my wife and I on one of his gospel CD's. But most of all, I thanked him for being my friend.

God bless you Wayne....you will be missed
Many Eagle owners remember "Preacher" well. Some of us visited his business on I44 over the years and after he sold that business, we continued to see Wayne at the Branson rallys. He also had a small location east of Branson (can't remember the name of the town) where he continued to sell some Eagle parts.

Many of us witnessed his declining health over the years, but somehow he hung in there for a long time.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: Wayne StOnge has passed

Post by rusty »

Wayne will be missed. I got my 15 from him and over the years got a lot of new eagle parts for that eagle while building it. He was a great source for busses and parts. RIP brother.
Wayne
bigproject22
FMCA #: 529207
Bus Model: Model 15

Re: Wayne St Onge has passed

Post by bigproject22 »

We were Blessed to know Wayne...

Can share a great Wayne story with you at a different time...... He is and was a Blessing to us!

Does any one know of any of Wayne's Eagles that he build in his later years that are for sale?

Blessings!

Jim