Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Hydronic heat and hot water design

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
darryl97420
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1986 Eagle 10

Hydronic heat and hot water design

Post by darryl97420 »

My Eagle has bits and pieces of a hydronic heat system and water heater. Would love to get some insight on how to combines all these pieces and make it work. There are several general plumbing designs on the net but I cannot find how these systems work. For example I have a Webasto 2010, Atwood EHP-10 and a couple heat to air exchangers. What controls all this stuff? Does this just run all the time even when water nor heat is needed?

Seems the online info is just enough to give general knowledge but nothing enough to help understand how to make and operate one.

Thoughts?
Darryl
1978 Eagle 05, 8V71, Jake Brakes, Alison HT740, Original caps front and back
1986 Eagle 10, Cummins NTC-300, Alison HT740
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Hydronic heat and hot water design

Post by beltguy »

You will need a boiler, and pumps for each circuit you want to send hot water to.

The system can be pretty basic. You will need a circuit to control the operation of the Wabasto (simple thermal switch based on boiler temp) and a pump control circuit (simple thermostat) for each heating circuit.

I am going to try uploading the non-computerized Aqua Hot repair manual as it has some pretty good info. It is a 5 meg file, so be sure you are use a good broadband connection.
AHE-100-02S service manual 11-05-2009.pdf
(5.06 MiB) Downloaded 204 times
Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Hydronic heat and hot water design

Post by beltguy »

It looks like the manual uploaded. Once you browse it and have a basic understanding, come on back and ask more questions.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.