Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Greetings from Texas

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
BRUCE
Bus Model: 1970 Silver Eagle Model 05 40 foot

Greetings from Texas

Post by BRUCE »

Greetings and salutations from the Great State of Texas.

My name is Bruce. I am the Service Manager for Brazos Diesel Service in Bryan, Texas and I DO NOT own or drive an Eagle. I do work on RV's though, and I currently have one in my shop. Not being my vehicle, I cannot post any pictures. I hope everyone can understand. I can, however, share some info on the bus. It is a 1970 Silver Eagle 05. I have been lurking on the forum for a few days gleaning information as I can and I found out I was incorrect in my description of the bus when I applied for membership here. I had initially said it was a model 40, going off the information provided by my customer. It is a 40 foot model 05. Rumor has it this vehicle also did a stint as tour bus for the Bellamy Brothers back in the day. It is now owned by a private citizen and it is my pleasure to be able to work on this piece of history.

It is not my pleasure though to admit that I believe the initial diagnosis on this bus was incorrect. We have had a change of employees here at the shop, myself included (I've only been here 2 months).The previous service manager and a technician who is also no longer employed with us made a diagnosis on an air leak and "fixed" that leak, then found another and "fixed" it. Customer was called to come pick it up and the bus never left the parking lot. Will not shift into reverse (air controlled). Will not accelerate (air controlled). Clutch will not cycle (air controlled). Air horn will not function (air controlled). The ex-employees left the bus in the parking lot and packed their tools.

I show up on scene and there are several vehicles in the yard that have been here for MONTHS, and I have only two technicians left. Slowly over that last two months we have taken care of all but one - The BUS. I contacted the customer and introduced myself and assured him I would get his bus fixed. Fixing the bus is my sole reason for applying to this forum, hoping I am able to make contact with individuals or groups who can set me onto a path to help me salvage my relationship with this customer. My next step is to create a post in one of the technical threads enlisting help from members.

Thanks for allowing me to participate, please help where you can and wish me luck.

Best regards,
Bruce.
Bruce Edge
Service Manager
Brazos Diesel Service
979-778-7711
1606 Gooseneck Drive
Bryan, Texas
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Greetings from Texas

Post by beltguy »

Bruce, welcome to the forum. It looks like Walter has taken good care of you in the other thread.

We always welcome folks who need help working on an Eagle. Most of the time we can help.

As a side question, do you want to be considered as an Eagle repair facility? Lots of folks as that question.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.