Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1991 EAGLE MODEL 15 entertainer bus changover to motorco

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
shake rattle & roll
FMCA #: 426293
Bus Model: 1991 Eagle 15

Post by shake rattle & roll »

We are changing the Eagle into a more comfortable motorcoach. When we retire we are selling everything and becoming "full timers". The project should take about 3 years. We have read alot of the information on your site which is giving us great ideas. Any input will be appreciated. We look forward to meeting other members and attending some rallies in the future.
The motor is an 8-v92 with 740 Allison 45 footer
We wil be checking your site often as we embark on this adventure.
Thanks everyone,
Shake Rattle & Roll
Dan and Carol
Darien Center, NY
91 Model 15
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Re: 1991 EAGLE MODEL 15 entertainer bus changover to motorco

Post by akroyaleagle »

Tell us where you are and someone will talk with you and up your learning curve!
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
shake rattle & roll

We are in Darien Center NY between Buffalo and Rochester.
Dan and Carol
Darien Center, NY
91 Model 15
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Welcome Don and Carol!

Post some pics when you can. Most of us use Photobucket for hosting and it makes it easy to post pics here.

Go here to see how it's done.

http://www.eaglesinternational.net/foru ... f=8&t=1030" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking forward to hearing about your adventure! We've all been there and done that and can offer advice even if you don't want to hear it! ;)

My wife and I have been full timing for a little over three years and frankly having a ball!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
shake rattle & roll

Thanks for the info on posting pics. When my wife has time to figure it out, we'll post some pictures.
Dan and Carol
Darien Center, NY
91 Model 15
shake rattle & roll

Looking at the side of our coach from the inside and saw daylight through an air conditioning air vent. So I took a ruler throught the vent and pushed outward and the side moved outward and I saw more daylight. That's when I noticed there was no insulation between that wall and the inside wall. So now, we have to take the fiber glass siding off the coach and going to put 1/8 inch aluminum on the coach and insulate the inside. First we have to gut the inside so we don't catch the inside on fire and so we have more room to weld the aluminum. Then we will start from the rear and work our way forward setting up the whole coach. While we do the side of the coach we have some issues with the old escape hatches. They seem to be leaking a little and will be taking apart and resealing them. Whoever did the original coach, did not use the escape hatches for the air conditioners. They uses new holes.
We have air conditioners with heat strips. Will test all these and make sure everything works properly and while sealing the roof will add solar panels. That way the sides, roof and walls with be sealed. Then we will start the project of getting the inside done. Any helpful tips appreciated.
Dan and Carol
Darien Center, NY
91 Model 15
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

you might think about an expanding foam to save stripping the siding.
OH yea Anne and I have been FT since 01-10 & luv'n every minute of it.
LeRoy & Anne Willis
shake rattle & roll

We just looked at the coach and on top thr vinyl is loose and warpping. What is the best way the reseal the siding on the coach a the top of the seam. I haven't taken off the trim to see if screws, rivets or glue is currently holding it in place. Any ideas??? Thank you for the input about the insulation.
Dan and Carol
Darien Center, NY
91 Model 15
shake rattle & roll

Hello everyone. Its been a while since I've updated you. We found out that the vinyl siding was just loose. Have most of the bunks out. Started to take the ceiling down. Thinking about raising the height of the ceiling a bit by taking the ductwork out. Any suggestions?
My coach is a 1991 Eagle Model 15. 102 wide. 45 foot stretch. 8V92 The vin is 1EVFN8B14MB011308.
Can anyone get me information on the history of the coach?
I enjoy reading everyones progess on their coaches. Very interesting reading. I have learned alot.
Dan and Carol
Darien Center, NY
91 Model 15
Kitt
Bus Model: 1977 Eagle 05
8v71 HT740D

Post by Kitt »

Welcome. We are fixing up the Model 05 we bought last year - resealing lots of leaks, tearing out the bedroom, etc. I (we) are learning as we go and this board and the people on it have been a great help so far.

We are in Ontario, NY just on the other side of Rochester. Good to know there is another Eagle close by!