Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Manny & Darlene's Eagle 05

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Re: Manny & Darlene's Eagle 05

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Looking really, really good Manny, beautiful coach.

I am fabricating my cradle to roll out the 8V71 on, I am and I am not looking forward to it, but looking at the old hoses just yesterday made me really glad I made the decision to pull out the engine. Now I will find out how many more lies I was told by the PO.
Keep putting those pretty things on the coach of yours, she is sure pretty.
Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Thanks Gary, if you need help with the engine have chili will come. LOL Good memories of when you help me with my engine still talking about it. I change the oil yesterday and I was thinking of that week it's been two years. :D
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

POST # 60

Temperature Gage

When I was watching this past season of "Ice Road Truckers" I noticed on the dash of one of the trucks a temperature gage and thought to myself, "that would be neat to have in the bus" so I did some research online and found one through this company http://www.raneystruckparts.com/teltek- ... 7AodiU8AVA

It was easy to install as you'll see in these pictures.
You'll need a size 2 1/16 hole saw

These gray wires are the sensors

This is the outside sensor

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Way Cool Manny, can you rig up one that tells the temp. of Chilli before eating?? :lol:
Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

POST # 61

CONVERTING AIR WIPERS TO ELECTRIC

Our air wipers have been an issue for some time, but the last straw was when we went to the Blytheville Rally in Arkansas last April, as we were traveling through Memphis in rush-hour traffic while towing our car, and wouldn't you know it - it started to pour - the air wipers decided to quit altogether. NO FUN! So when I got home I started doing my homework and found a company called "Autex" out of NY. I had decided I wanted to go with Electric wipers and they seemed to have the best product. They are wonderful to deal with...answered all my questions and their products are made well. Only down side is they are a bit pricey but I felt it would be worth the investment, and not that much more than replacing the air wipers. I had been saving my mad money since April, but my wife surprised me for Christmas and bought them. (I think I had finally wore her down talking about it repeatedly :D) It took me about 12 hours altogether only because the process was a bit time consuming but was really not difficult. First I had to take the old air wiper motors out, then I had to take the air lines out and also find where the air supply was coming from and plug that up. Then I ran all the wires to the switches and installed the switches and the knobs, then put everything back together. They work like a dream and even have three speeds.

This is where the air supply tank for the wipers is located. It is in the front between the torsilastic suspension.

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Nice Job Manny, they look great!!
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Thanks Andy I'm ready now for the Florida rain storms. No more slapping wipers and stopping in the middle of the wind screen like they say in England. Lol!!! :D
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Wow Manny...... You Look Like A Surprized Kid ..... Brings Tears To My Eyes..LOL !! I Didnt Get Any Presents This Year.....I Was BAD. :twisted:

Great Job On The Install As Always.

You Had A Great Christmas This Year :D

10-4 Good Buddy

MrBreeze 8-)
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I know it is after the fact guys but they make a direct electric motor for the Spraue air wipers you can buy new wet arms,motors, switches with a delay and a electric washer for under 300 bucks like Bill I bought mine from Rich @IBP at a high cost I am thinking round 1200 bucks and took forever to get them he gave me this story they were custom made in South America,

Then the guys @ AIM like Boomer used offered me a set about 1/2 of what Rich sold me mine for,then don't you know Norris tells me how to do it for under 300 bucks and I have done several using Norris's method over the years, looking good Manny you are making a lot of progress on the bird now we need to get Gary and Steve on the road lol
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Bill we only Paid $850.00 for the wipers well worth the money. Where did you buy the arms? I know Autex sells them.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851