Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Seatcraft RV Furniture

This is a place just for the ladies. Sure, the ladies love the Eagles too, but maybe they have other interests too. This is their place to talk about anything they want. Men, you can read, but posting is reserved for the ladies. The same rules of good taste we use for the rest of the forum also apply here.
Speck
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle 01

Seatcraft RV Furniture

Post by Speck »

Has anyone had or does anyone have Seatcraft RV Furniture?

We are looking online at what we think will work well for us, but no way to sit on it first, to be sure it is as comfy as our Flexsteel capitans chairs are. This is a sofa (in appearance), but the back folds down in the middle, creating a table with two glass holders. The two ends actually recline. (Flexsteel does not make this configuration or else we'd have no problem ordering that.) We have color samples of the ultra leather and can match our capitans chairs pretty darn closely. Your input would be appreciated!

Oh, by the way, another day of 104 degrees in Central Texas. We are enjoying it by staying inside beneath good a/c. No other way to do it.

And another 'oh, by the way' - yesterday I went with Paul, in this heat, to see a bus someone is parting out. It took all day long, was really HOT and next time I will have more fun sewing at home beneath good a/c. Paul sure was smiling and happy about his new old parts though! It was good to meet Al Moreno and see his beautiful home and Eagle in the hills near Pipe Creek, TX. What a nice fellow.
Becky aka Mrs. Dreamscape
1968 Silver Eagle 01
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Re: Seatcraft RV Furniture

Post by Liberty »

Wish I had input for you but I don't. We're looking for a couch and a chair or two. We found captain's chairs in MO but nothing to go with them. If we're going to have them shipped, we have to be sure we're in one place long enough for that to happen.
I hope you are successful in finding what you need.

Anne
2010liberty.wordpress.com
Speck
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Speck »

Thanks, Anne. Paul also posted the question about the Seatcraft furnitues in another section and Clifford responded, saying he and Sonja have it and really do like it, high end, etc. I also found another forum online where others had posted the question and similar reviews were there, some compared the quality to Flexsteel. So we are going on their word and ordered the double recliner. It is 71" long and appears as a sofa. It comes in 3 parts, for ease in getting inside the coach. We were able to order both reclining sides with a massager so we can really relax (of course that is extra). I requested and received samples of the ultimate leather colors and we were able to match our Flexsteel capitans chairs exactly. Hate like heck to pay shipping but we have no choice. There is absolutely nothing in these parts in the way of retail or salvage RV furniture. We got our capitans chairs in Carthage, MO at Colaw's last summer and love them. Sure am banking on this being the final set up for our living area! We have tried two different options and hoping the third time is the charm. All we are asking for is comfort!

Hope you and Leroy are making great memories in your travels and that you are avoiding the heat. We are pretty sick of it - 36 days this year (so far) at over 100 degrees. Just learned we will be here in the Georgetown area through May, as they want Paul to stay and work. Yeah! It's a good thing for us - enables us to order a sofa, you see?

Take care!
1968 Silver Eagle 01
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

How deep front to back is your new piece? How long?

Anne Willis
2010liberty.wordpress.com
Speck
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Speck »

Anne - Just now saw your question. Here are the dimensions:
71" long x 37.5" high x 32" deep. With recliner fully open it is 48". It is a wall hugger and needs to sit 1.5" away from the wall. It can be ordered in a 68" length too. Here is a link where you can see it, if you care to:

http://www.discountvantruck.com/rvdoubl ... Deleon.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The colors we chose are cream and moleskin. (The cream appears pinkish in the sample chart, but the actual samples they sent to me differ. It is a nice tan that matches our Flexsteel capitans chairs.)
1968 Silver Eagle 01
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Hope guys are allowed to post here :lol:. Since you have already made the purchase, I am posting this for others considering a similar purchase.

Becky, I did not recognize the vendor until you posted the link. Then the light went on.

This company was discussed on BCM a couple of years ago:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index ... pic=9512.0

Here is the post I made at the time:
Steven, we bought a couch on Ebay from these folks. They use the same name on ebay, so you can do a search to see what they offer. The sale went just fine and quality is quite good.

We chose to pick up the couch at a plant in Bell Gardens, CA. That was an interesting adventure. The plant is at the end of a dead end street (not a street you would want to be on at night!). We had to unhook and then do a lot of maneuvering around to get out. They had to take the couch apart to get it in the bus. The folks seem to be very accommodating.

While we were there, I got to see a bit of the factory. They have one shop that makes the frames and another that finishes the upholstery. I was a bit suspicious that the location was a warehouse for furniture made south of the border, but it seems to be the real thing. The factory has a different name, and Discount seems to be a sales arm

Bottom line, my experience was good and we have used the couch for about 6 months (not much of a test) and it seems to be very good.

Jim
We have now had the couch for about 3 years and it continues to serve us well. Some nights I don't sleep well, so I go out to the couch to read a bit and, hopefully, go back to sleep. It is pretty comfortable. When I compare the comfort of the couch for sitting against the Flexsteel on the other side, the Flexsteel feels better.

The unit you selected should be great, and the price is excellent.

The only part you are missing is the adventure of going to their facility :o :lol:

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Speck
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Speck »

HA! Thanks, Jim, for the input. I got quite a visual of your visit to East L.A. Having lived in Southern CA for so many years, I'd have known right away that wasn't an area I would want to go, without a small army in tow! Like you, sometimes I need another place to go to try to go back to sleep occasionally, and this will serve that purpose as well. Mainly, we wanted it for the dual recliner function. We chose that over the sofa-bed function. If we have someone sleep over, they can sleep on the sofa - would most likely be a grandchild anyway and they can easily make it on the sofa. I also like the 'made in the USA' idea.

And by the way, you guys are welcome to jump right in here whenever you feel the urge. I never heard any of the ladies say men were not allowed to post here when this idea came up at Branson last summer. In fact, the consensus was that you are welcome to read and post. (You just might find some topics here very boring and want to run for the hills.)

As you can see, so far, not many women are frequenting the Women's Corner. I'm putting my money where my mouth is though, and trying to keep it alive.

Hope everyone is staying cool - it is to reach 105 degrees here today so we will likely stay inside beneath the a/c.
1968 Silver Eagle 01