Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Sivrtnge2'S 82 Eagle Model 10

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re: Sivrtnge2'S 82 Eagle Model 10

Post by Eagle Andy »

Very nice you guys now times a wastin , Get out and use it 8-)
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

When Bill brought his bus, I was to redo the headliner, replace windshield and a few other things. He decided that he wanted the steps done also. As with all my projects the while were at it came up.!! Since I had to remove the dash to replace the windshields lets do the steps, and change the dash HVAC. WWAI, it is very cold up front and I hear wind. Should never have told me that!!! Sonny had just replaced the dash during the engine install. This made it easier as he had removed the old eagle dash and replaced it with an R&M. I was able to remove the top without destroying anything. The floor was another one!! The bus was converted by an un named company in VA. Each step was almost 13" tall. Very hard to climb in and out. When I pulled everything out I was surprised to find that the PROFESSIONALS had framed the steps with 2 x 4's!! The eagle has a fiberglass tub around the steering wheel floor area. It is angled as shown. I don't see how a driver could drive all day with that angle on the pedals. I removed and will reconfigure the area. Looks worse than it really is Bill!! LOL and WWAI!!

Floor tub.

Tub removed

A bunch of wire!!

Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

We still have a way to go. That cardboard just dosen't hold up in the long run!!LOL Bill I can do the same on your bus, but you will loose the covering on your dash. I would need to recover everything to match. It should speed up soon as Steve comes to pick-up his order. I plan to hold his doors hostage till he helps me!! I can reconfigure the truss behind the driver to give the driver more room The pics below show mine before and after. Yous will be slightly different as I completely changed my step layout. WWAI. This will take a little more time but as I say WWAI!!
I did't want to hijack John and Tara's page Eric lol. I'm not so sure I can convince Moma to change the dash cover after paying to have it done in Texas already. What all will you be matching? You might have to be the one to finesse 8-) her into making that change!!! I'll let her know that I dont have as much room behind the wheel as she has in the "big buddy seat." I could almost threaten her with driving it more and letting me use the jump seat ;) however, that would be a last reort :lol: .

What damage did you find with all the water penetrating the windshields? Are there anything else I need to be worried about? Your're hard to get a hold of on the phone :D !!!
--
Bill
ericbsc

Post by ericbsc »

The windshields were leaking pretty bad. The floor in front had rotted out pretty bad in the corners. Just tell Dee I started tearing out and couldn't stop!!LOL We may be able to save the dash if I can get close on the color. If not it will be just a little WWAI!! :D I was talking to Sonny tonight about an event. We were discussing all those WWAI's!!LOL
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

ericbsc wrote:The windshields were leaking pretty bad. The floor in front had rotted out pretty bad in the corners. Just tell Dee I started tearing out and couldn't stop!!LOL We may be able to save the dash if I can get close on the color. If not it will be just a little WWAI!! :D I was talking to Sonny tonight about an event. We were discussing all those WWAI's!!LOL
Well just do whatever you have to do to make it all tie in and look good. I've come to realize that it's better to ask for forgiveness sometime than it is to ask for permission!!! If I have to, I can throw out a shocked :o look. I for one definitely dont want a coach with three of four shades of the same color because we were too cheap or I was afraid of what my wife would do to me!!! "I ain't scared...are you???"

Just make darn sure you back me on this one!!!
--
Bill
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Bill...Bill......Bill..........Has anyone seen or heard from Bill since he tried to pull the wool over his wife's eyes again? :shock: ... Just a little forecast there for you to think about... :roll:

But I must admit it's good to not be in this deal alone. WWAI (aka Eric Brown) assures me he's got our backs for the duration... So how long is a duration? :D

Gotta go here comes Tara, don't want her peeking at my post here. What 1 wife is capable of is incredible, 2 getting together is off the scale :o :o
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
ericbsc

Post by ericbsc »

I take while were at it very seriously!! Now that the cat is out of the bag I will post more pics. This bus was converted by a pro converter. Their way of leveling the floor was to use the black board that people used on houses. This was over the fectory floor then plylwood with 3" screws every two feet or so. They couldn't even use a full sheet. Just little pcs!!

The windows were leaking every where. There were some rusted holes in the bracing. The black board wicked the moisture across the floor.
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Wow, what a bummer!

I don't know much about many of the converters, but I thought that the Cauldwell Brothers had a good reputation.

When the "good guys" are done with it, it should be a beautiful, well built bus.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Bustyme
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: 398939
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01, 8V92TA, HT-740, Stock width & height (FOR SALE (805) 238-7122)
1983 Eagle 10, 8V92TA, HT-740, 102" wide 7" roof raise

Post by Bustyme »

I look at those pictures and all I can think is...(In the words of Mr. Breeze..) "What did that bus smell like?"....LOL...

At least you got that thing in the right bus barn... Mr. Eric will make it right.

I laugh when you guys talk about WWAI. We call em the MIZ-WELLS (Might as well ....while were at it..HAHA)

While you guys are busy trying to keep Mr. Brown off the streets I have been building an all new replacement system for our Aquahot system. It is coming along nicely and should be ready to test in a week or so. Hope it works as good as it looks...

Good luck with the remodel and remember ANY bus project you start will always morph into six more overlapping projects :lol:

Good luck,

Randy Coons
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

WOW Eric, what a job! As you know I just finished doing my dash (I'll be posting pics soon), I'm just wondering how you are going to make sense of all those wires. I thought I had a mess but it didn't look anything like this.

I was reading the earlier posts from Bill and he mentions the Converter. I know of them, they are from FL and I'm really surprised they would do that kind of work. They are still in business btw???

Bill, I really liked your video with your semi following the bus. Brought back memories of my days on the road pulling doubles.

I think you are going to be very pleased with your Eagle when Eric is done.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic