Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1964 Silver Eagle Model 01 #6555

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Re: 1964 Silver Eagle Model 01 #6555

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Shayne & Don-

Hey, it's only a cartoon. . .but the weather up in Oregon this time of year would get anybody's knickers in a bunch. Sounds like it's only the front half, so no worries--nothing a bit of magic sealant won't fix. Sometimes building these things are like eating an elephant. . .just take one bite at a time, and eventually, you'll get through it.

Sorry about losing the paycheck, but I'll bet you guys will sift through your priorities and come-up with a good decision. Just remember, all prayers are answered: either yes, no, or not yet.

Stay with it and you'll be fine. . .just another adventure you and the family will remember for a long time!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Shayne and Don , Sorry to hear of your troubles , How old are your kids ? and where do I send there Gifts :D Santa
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
glmccon
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 87956
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01

Post by glmccon »

Welcome Shayne and Don........ Don't feel like you are the only ones who have ever taken on this project that we all sat back and scratched our heads wondering why we ever started it. I thought for years we were crazy, but in the end, it is all well worth it. We started ours in 1988 and took us many years to complete. We didn't work on it at all for 8 years do to both of us being out of town constantly with our jobs.
One of these days I will get some of our pictures posted. Everyone thought we were crazy, but they commend us know for hanging in there and getting the job done.
We could not be any happier than we our with our old Eagle.

Some day.................I will get pictures on the EI site to share.
Hope to see you two at a rally real soon.
George and Glynda McConaughey
1966 Eagle 01
George cell (813) 966-7513
Glynda cell (619) 248-4080
shaynemartin
FMCA #: F416993
Bus Model: 1964 Tidwell Silver Eagle International
Model 01

Post by shaynemartin »

We are in southern Oregon on the coast for anyone who doesn't know Brookings. Its a gorgeous part of the southern coast. If you are thinking of retiring, this is the place. Its not the best place to raise kids though. Small town-population of about 6,000. The views are awesome and with exception to this year, the temps are mild and dry here in the summer. I urge everyone to come visit Brookings sometime. No rally sites close, but we have a few camp grounds and a KOA just across the border in California(about 20 miles away). Did I mention we are only about 7 miles north of California. The border patrol can be a B*tch, with searches and all, but other than that its a great drive. We are about an hour and a half from the great redwoods and Avenue of the Giants. Gotta come see it once.

We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and we will keep in touch to let you all know how we fare through our latest disaster.
Much Love.
Shayne and Don
P.O. Box 1024
Brookings, Oregon 97415
Bustyme
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: 398939
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01, 8V92TA, HT-740, Stock width & height (FOR SALE (805) 238-7122)
1983 Eagle 10, 8V92TA, HT-740, 102" wide 7" roof raise

Post by Bustyme »

Shayne & Don,

So wish we could have hooked up with you this summer when we came thru Brookings. I have to tell you that after getting our 01 Eagle that the first two years were some kind of test of character to say the least!! So many times in the middle of trying to make something right; be it rust, mold, bad wiring, or engine problems..I kept thinking "this thing is bigger than me" and I wanted to throw in the towel. At some point Bustyme and I grew to understand each other and now I am not afraid of any of it. Owning an Eagle or bus conversion that needs love is like remodeling a house attached to an old worn out truck. Like BCO says "nobody has one just like it"! The list of things to do on your bus will never get shorter but as you cross things off the list the bus just gets better and better...just for you!
So empower the kids, maximize your resources, and take one fight at a time. Before you know it you'll be looking for bus number two!!.....my guess is the kids will have memories they will never forget. Art is right....prayers will be answered...yes, no or not yet.

Have a great holiday

Randy & Kelley Coons

Bustyme
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Everyone who has owned a bus and have created a nightmare can vouch that we all have been there, done that! It's the nature of the beast!

It's all fixable! You just have to not think of the end result but the journey. It's one of the best I've been on, and I've been on some doosies!

We'll have to stop by on our trip to Oregon next year and say HI! It's been a long time since I've been through there and the coast drive in Oregon is one of the best. That area is one of my parents favorite to visit. Although they don't travel much anymore due to age, they used to take their TT down there every year. I'm an Oregonian, what can I say! We're just parked in Texas to let us know how much we miss God's Country! ;)

I lost my job about 1 1/2 years ago, so I know how tough it can be. We're making it, just with a little less.

If you click on my unique bus conversion link at the bottom, you can see some old pics of what we found underneath our old interior. Same issues! :(

You'll get through it, you have the support of everyone here.

Now go have some more fun! :lol:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Shayne, Don, and Kids hang in there things will get better. You live in a very beautiful part of the country. We enjoyed the sights a couple of years ago. Sorry to hear about the loss of your job. I think this next year things will start to improve so maybe you can find work soon.

Good Luck Wayne
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hang in there guys! we're all with ya by golly! :D I'm going on 2 + years with out steady employment, yet looking back I am still amazed we were able to keep leaning forward. Now the table is turned in that the good days out weigh the bad. I have become more resourceful now a days and have to make every penny count, this might not always show in the bus but has improved my character and self esteem, which in turn fuels my drive to get er' done no matter what, and that will show in the work you do on the coach :D . If I have anything you need, you are welcome to it, as well as any tech help, we're all here to help :D Feel free to call me any time, and we can swap horror story's or just shoot the breeze. 702-664-4265 Van
shaynemartin
FMCA #: F416993
Bus Model: 1964 Tidwell Silver Eagle International
Model 01

Post by shaynemartin »

Ok.....first of all, thank all of your for your support and encouragement. Second, after many many deep breaths, a few good cries and screams and some sleep, I am trying to refocus. I'm still upset about the "latest disaster" but willing to keep trying. Our remodel is being done on a VERY small budget and will eventually get done "right". LOL. I wanted to show you what some of the things we have accomplished looks like. :D :D Let me know what you think.
We also need some advice. The front air tank is finally fixed and holding air with no problem. It even got the shifter working better. We can hear it engaging now. Whew! But.....We can't get the accessory tank working. Does anyone, or could anyone take a pic of their tank so I can see how it is all connected to the other tanks???? Don't all of you jump under your buses tonight, but if you ever get the chance.....LOL.(we would appreciate it very much. Its Oregon and no wipers!!!)

Now on to the pics:

We put up glass tile above sink and added some unique fabric wall coverings. hmmmm, still deciding if I like it. We are still searching for a replacement range...thinking of just getting a cook top and convection oven instead...?? anyone else do that??
We are crazy searching for a washer/dryer combo or small stackable that will work on 110 or propane. Any suggestions...$1200 isn't happening, 1/10 of that would be hard...LOL
Any suggestions on a good propane ventless heater that is reasonably priced? The furnace isn't working and was disconnected a while back.
Wiring?? LMAO.....We still have issues. The brake lights keep grouding out somewhere and work when they want to. It's gonna be fun to trace that one.

As you can see, we decided to keep some of the origonal "hippy" feel in the front room. Can't have it without some beads and wild colors....lol
Shayne and Don
P.O. Box 1024
Brookings, Oregon 97415
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Good to hear you had your cry and are back at it!

We have a 120v Princess two burner cook top and a convection microwave, good combination. We also have a Nuwave that we can cook from muffins to a chicken, it really does a nice job. We are all electric as we are on a pole 99% of the time, so no propane to deal with for us.

I'll take a look at our accessory tank plumbing tomorrow and let you know. I would think it's plumbed from the front tank with a check valve inline, maybe it's stuck if there is one.

Our budget is also very small and do what we can when we can, so don't feel alone!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/