Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Horseshoe waterhose stand

This is the place to discuss all your tricks and tips of bus life. From how to pack everything you need, to the best on the road recipes.
BoxcarOkie

Re: Horseshoe waterhose stand

Post by BoxcarOkie »

Sure have been enjoying your pictures Van. This morning I was thinking about how it was that I used to go out in the garage, sometimes with a doobie or a drink, sit down and crank up my old Harley and just sit there and listen to it idle in the garage. One of the simple pleasures of life, something to get you thru the long winter months. Once, I completely stripped it in the kitchen of my apartment, repainted it, had some chrome work done, and then put it all back together, without the scooter leaving the apartment all winter long.

Later on, after the girls on “The View” I ad a glass (shot) of wine. Relaxed for a brief moment in time, let my mind take me for a spin, to a much lighter place, a friendly, warm, inviting area.

My scooter rat days are now long gone, tucked carefully in the cavaties of my mind, a period of time now over. Things being much different these days. Often I find it is hard to stay sane and rational, in a world run amuck.

This three-dollar fuel crunch that we are in, doesn’t help matters any, I sure miss my rides out into the countryside to check up on the Big Boys on the Super Slab. The occasional spin down some in descript two-lane, looking at what the farmers have brought out to the front fence to sell off.

Breathing in some clean air for a most welcome change. But with the price of motor fuel where it currently resides, heading out and going somewhere, this is simply out of the question. I am relegated to Arm Chair Trucking and Dr. Phil in the afternoon.

Yeah I know, “Get a life.”

I am not going anywhere, not any time soon and I am not going to be able to do it in the future either. My immediate prospects, are not all that rosy for me and the miss’es ……. That are fore shore.

So I take what I can get, which at the current time is not much. Ashot of wine, a little time in a recliner, and a mind-trip to who knows where? That is my reality, it is free, it is something you can do on the cheap. And most days it works for me. You do what you can with … What you have …… that is the only way to see it.

Like the song sez:

Board up the windows
Lock all the doors
Try to remember what a body is for
Bad weather a coming,
radar is running red
Let’s spend a weekend and never leave the bed

Turn out the lites pretend like there is no one home
Cut the wires on the telephone
Hearts are turning like a hurricane
Making love to the rhythm of the fallin’ rain
Making love to the rhythm of the fallin’ rain

Aint it great?

Hmmmmmm ….. let see, 658 words. Naw, we can add a little more. As the now infamous subway vigilante, Michael Getz, said when he peered down at one of his victims … “You don’t look too hurt to me, you can take another.” Whereupon he pumped another shot into the guy that had just robbed him on the train. I am not making this up. Might be embellishing it a little, in order to clarify. But you should be used to that by now, right?

Reflections of a locked down and steady as a rock going nowhere Bus Nut in the Heartland. Always keeping in mind that old saying back in the early seventies? “The mind is a terrible thing and it must be stopped before it kills somebody.” (I think it was something like that.)

Oh well, you win a few and you lose a few, and some of them mother’s, they just burn to the ground. End of week #9, time to leave, later.

Have a great weekend

BCO

No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

I believe that was Bernhard Goetz, BCO. One of my heros. One of the all time greatest one liners in history. Even better than Dirty Harry's.

"you don't look so bad, here's another...."

By the way, remember how they tried to hang old Bernard for something, anything. And the punks sued him. Sweet justice though, one of them gets to contemplate his life from a wheelchair, he is paralyzed. Problem is, Bernie missed and we are probably paying for the punks care and feeding now.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Sometime's ya gotta let it go The Eagles put it in a way that has stuck with me for a long time . I was runnin down the road tryin to losin my load 7 women on my mind three that tried to own me two that tried to stone me said that she was a friend of mine take it easy take it easy ( Don't let the wheels of your mind drive you crazy) Yesterday is gone tomorrow isn't here . all you have is what is the here and now. Enjoy and take it easy
Roll a torpedo and turn up music
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Roll a torpedo huh....Well I never................ :roll:

That is too funny at my age! :lol:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443