Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Gennyw, 83 Silver Eagle DD6v92 TA

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Anthony
Bus Model: 1983 Silver Eagle 10

Gennyw, 83 Silver Eagle DD6v92 TA

Post by Anthony »

Well here goes. I'm going to start with a few photo's and a Little back ground of my eagle.
I first saw this bus in a storage yard on the Bruce Hwy about 50klms north of Brisbane. We drove past a couple of times and I said to Ina (wife unit) we should investigate whats going on with that red bus. Anyway I did a search on the internet and low and behold it was for sale at a rediculous price. I contacted the owners and made them a standing offer (much less than they wanted). As it turned out it was owned by the westpac bank and was used for promo's etc. and was no longer required. I also found that the bus was imported to Australia by geyhound in Dec. 83, After service as a hwy coach it was sold to Tory's tours in Maryborough, Qld. Who on sold the bus to Westpac in 2007, who I bought it from.
Image Bus as first seen.
Made it home to Moore Park Beach. 500klms no problems.
The drive home was uneventful. Engine is strong and doesn't blow any smoke. Good oil press. Water temp. a little cool (under 60C), brakes good. Trans a little jerky on changes but I think a good service will fix this. Tacho not working except when you hit a rough patch on the road. (where is the sender?) Lots of other stuff pretty ordinary mostly switches and wiring. All in all not bad for a 27 yr old bus. Most stuff will be torn out anyway. All the bus's internal wiring will go. Whats the go with the aircon. Has anyone left the original in service for travelling?
I have tried 5 times to resize this photo but it always seems to be too big.
First order of business is to remove the vinyl and determine what on the dash works and will be saved.
Bus is inteers.
I didn't realise the wife unit in this.

well I have learnt a couple more things today whilst doing this. I hope I get better at it.

Found the tach sender and tested the wiring. Seems all is ok so it must be the instrument. Only thing I'm not sure about is there is only 7.5v at the sender. I would have thought there should be 12v. So for now I guess I go without a tacho not worth fixing cause I'll probably throw the instrument anyway.
Got a good bit of the vinyl off the passanger side bin doors yesterday. There is going to be a fair bit of work fixing the doors. Will need to source rubbers etc.

I finally got most of the sunburn off Looks like a new bus. The paint underneath is good as well just a few corrosion spots. The drivers windows shot frames all rusted thru. Don't figure why you put Alum. skins on a bus and steel framed windows.

New eagle. Still need the emblem for the front and back.
Should I remove the sunburn from the bin doors???
Image There is still some on the other side and will have to paint the front when we sort out the screens?
Last edited by Anthony on Fri May 28, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Gennyw, 83 Silver Eagle DD6v92 TA

Post by Dreamscape »

Very interesting story! The only thing I see is the door is on the wrong side! :lol: I'm not much help on the newer Eagles, I'm sure you'll get the proper help from the rest of the guys.

Thanks for sharing!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Anthony, Once again, welcome to the family. What a joy to see an Eagle down under in such good condition. The photo size works for me, secondly, the tach (which I don't have on my 89), I believe is hooked to the alternator, not sure if this is correct or not, but those in the know will be along to explain. Good score on the purchase, you should be very exited and proud to have such a beautiful coach there in the land of Down Under :D . Good job on the picture post, Keep them coming. All the best to ya from Vegas town :D . Van
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Anthony, Thank you for posting about your Eagle. About the Over the road (OTR) air conditioner. Most people take them out and relpace it with a smaller dash air system. They can be good for when you are on the road, but they can be very expensive to maintain. You will need to add a system to keep cool when not underway so why not use that system if needed when underway. Can't help with the other problem.

Thank You Wayne
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Wayne, longshot but Down Under they might not be required to upgrade the A/C. If not it could be worth considering holding onto if the parts, etc. etc. are available.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Good point. If thats the case maybe upkeep would not be as bad as here.

Thank You Wayne
Two Feathers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F234821
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1990 Eagle 15

Post by Two Feathers »

Anthony,
The more we keep getting buses from around the world, the more we prove to ourselves that we really are "Eagles International."

Welcome to Eagles International.

Dave
1990 Eagle 15 Under Construction
Cummins M-11 Celect Plus
Allison 746, T drive axle
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Wow. Never seen a polished seat base and frame. Nice.
Anthony
Bus Model: 1983 Silver Eagle 10

Post by Anthony »

Seat base would be good but its seized and will have to go to make way for comfy captains chairs.