Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Detroit Diesel Mechanics/ZF Tranmission/6V92 Mechanics

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
bigproject22
FMCA #: 529207
Bus Model: Model 15

Detroit Diesel Mechanics/ZF Tranmission/6V92 Mechanics

Post by bigproject22 »

Can you guys help in recommending the following:
-Good Two Stroke diesel mechanic shops throughout the country that you have experience with?
-ZF transmission information and or manual or photos and filter change
-Any recommendations on good coach painters.

Thanks again guys. Happy and Safe Travels! Blessings!
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Detroit Diesel Mechanics/ZF Tranmission/6V92 Mechanics

Post by beltguy »

I suspect that you have not received a reply, as there is no good answer.  Two stroke diesel mechanics are becoming a rare commodity.  Folks have said that you can find them in port cities because many smaller boats and some tugs still us two stroke engines. 

Scott Crosby and his son Tyler have a bus repair business (and work on two stroke engines).  They are located close to Nashville as I recall.  He has a good YouTube channel showing his projects and it provides good information on all phases of bus repairs.  His channel is:  YouTube Link 

Sorry, I can't help you with the ZF transmission.  I did a quick search ("ZF transmission in bus") and it looks like there are some YouTube videos that might help.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Detroit Diesel Mechanics/ZF Tranmission/6V92 Mechanics

Post by beltguy »

I need to add another source for two stoke work:  Link to Diesel Exchange in Springfield, MO

These folks have a good reputation for rebuilding two stokes.  At one of our Eagle rallies we toured their facility.  I was very impressed.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.