Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Rickyoday's 1982 Model 10

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Rickyoday's 1982 Model 10

Post by beltguy »

Well, the above post gave me a bit of a problem.  After I posted the quote, I could not get back to the normal format.

What I was going to say is that I will pick away at the hits I got and post anything that would help you. 

I thought I had documented my hitch on my project pages, but I guess I did not.  I am including a photo of part of my hitch system.  However, I did a bunch of frame reinforcement to both support the Series 60 and give me a robust hitch system.

The biggest issue with hitches on Eagles is the rusting of the tubing structure.  Unfortunately the tubes often rust from the inside out and must do some testing to make sure the tubing is not compromised.

Even with my rather robust solution, I would not want to put a lot of tongue weight on the hitch.  Mine is very strong for pulling in a horizontal direction, but loading an Eagle with a lot of tongue weight is a bit risky.  Lots of people have done it, but at least one person had a frame failure.
DSC02539.JPG
Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

OK, I found the thread I was looking for.  Quite a bit of good information:  Link

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Rickyoday
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle Model 10

Post by Rickyoday »

Thanks Jim!  My plan is to use this set-up to flat tow my 2015 Grand Cherokee using the Blue Ox system.  My understanding is there is minimal tongue weight if the correct towing height is achieved. Also, I'm thinking about having a professional shop install the receiver...While the receiver assembly will be bolted to the frame, I'm not comfortable with the structural welding that may be required to fabricate the entire assembly.  I'll check out the link you sent in the morning!
  Thanks again!
                Rick
Rick Oday
1982 Eagle Model 10 Stealth RV Conversion
Eagle obsessed
Bus Model: 1968 model 05 Eagle series 60 and B500

Post by Eagle obsessed »

Useful to remember engine is not centered in bus lol
1968 05 Series 60/B500 swap 2019-2021
1971 05 8v71 Spicer 4 speed parts bus
Rickyoday

Post by Rickyoday »

Again, Thanks!  I read that entire thread in the link you sent and am glad I did!  I may have made that mistake!  I have a new Class 3 receiver that was to be used on the front of my 2012  F250, I'm hoping to use that in the fabrication of the hitch.  I'll upload pics when I get them.
  Come on good weather!
  Rick
Rick Oday
Rickyoday

Post by Rickyoday »

I finally uncovered the bus on Saturday!  I'm really itching to get to work on her, but I had to put a piece of gingerbread ahead of all the other work I have planned...the destination sign is finally installed!  Thanks to Walter(DoubleEagle) for the sign and advice on the install! 
  She'll be going to get Penna. State Inspected on Wednesday the 13th, have the air leaks(minor) taken care of, and have the receiver installed for the Blue Ox setup on my Grand Cherokee! Then I can get to work on the other projects! 
  I should receive my shipment of LED marker and indicator light bulbs for the bus this week, so I'll post before and after pics to show the difference modern lighting makes. I'm going to wait on the head lights since they are sufficient for now.

Bus destination Sign.jpg
Rick Oday
Eagle obsessed
Bus Model: 1968 model 05 Eagle series 60 and B500

Post by Eagle obsessed »

Looking sharp! You’ll love LEDs. 
1968 05 Series 60/B500 swap 2019-2021
1971 05 8v71 Spicer 4 speed parts bus
Rickyoday

Post by Rickyoday »

Ok, here are the latest pics of the little bit of work that's been done so far... not in any particular order. 
1- I installed the destination sign.
2- I had DM Truck & Trailer fabricate and mount a Class 3 receiver to the bus. $ = ouch!
3- I bought a Blue Ox towing set-up from Shady Maple RV, and had them install the baseplate and accessories.  $ =  Major ouch!! Unfortunately I am still unable to kneel or get down on the ground after my total knee replacement, so I have to pay for these things to be done.
  The bus is now PA State Inspected, titled and tagged, and ready to travel! 

Attachments
IMG_1021.jpg
IMG_1019.jpg
IMG_1013.jpg
IMG_1011.jpg
Bus destination Sign.jpg
Rick Oday
Rickyoday

Post by Rickyoday »

I did actually install the LED bulbs in all the clearance, back up, brake, and turn signal lights, but I don't have a picture at night yet! I hope to be impressed when I see them in the dark!  I was able to keep the flashers working by leaving incandescent bulbs in the 2 rear side(round lens) indicator lights.
Rick Oday
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Nice work. Were you able to get LED bulbs that replaced the original bulbs without modification? If so could you post where you got them so others will know where to get them.