Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

CANCELLED: Special Iowa Rally June 10-14 2020

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

CANCELLED: Special Iowa Rally June 10-14 2020

Post by beltguy »

UPDATE 5/5/2020: Mike Brooks called and said that the races have been postponed due to the Corona Virus restrictions. As a result he is cancelling the rally. He hopes to reschedule for next year.
Jim Shepherd

This information furnished by Mike Brooks.

Rally at the Races

Knoxville, IA Sprint car capital of the world!
June 10-14, 2020 (Leave on Monday June 15)

Schedule:

- June 10 Wednesday arrivals, happy hour 5 PM to 6:30 Appetizer provided, BYOB

- June 11 Thurs. 7-9 coffee and rolls
Tour of new hydroelectric plant at Red Rock Dam, then on to Pella, IA (additional cost) for lunch and tour of Wyatt Earp’s home and other attractions
- June 12 Friday 7-9 coffee and rolls
Tour of national sprint car hall of fame & museum and suites

Tour of sprint car team rig

Off to the races!
- June 13 Saturday 7-9 coffee and rolls
Tour of Weilers’ factory They build asphalt transfer machines.

Off to the races!
- June 14 Sunday 7-9 Coffee and rolls
Potluck 6 pm Smoked brisket provided
- June 15 Monday coffee

Notes:

- Directions:
From South, West and East - Hiway 14 north to 6th stoplight, turn left and go one block. Turn next left through gate and follow signs.

From North - Hiway 14 south to 1st stoplight, turn right one block, then left through gate and follow signs.

- Early arrivals or stay late – extra cost at $25 per night

- Limited amount of 50 amp parking on site at the track, water, sewer and showers close by, later arrivals will stay ¾ mile away but also with hookups

- Rally fee $165 Rally arrangements made with Mike Brooks, 2256 Old Highway 92, Tracy, IA 50256 or by phone 641-780-2720 by April 30. Rally fee will be due upon arrival.
Includes: two nights at World of Outlaw races, June 12 and 13 10 or 12 free tickets each night, selected by a drawing. Remainder of tickets will be discounted to $25 each
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Special Iowa Rally June 10-14 2020

Post by beltguy »

Anne Willis sent me the following information this week. I did not compare it to the information I had previously posted. However, this information should be considered "official"
Rally at the Races

Knoxville, IA Sprint car capital of the world!

June 10-14, 2020
Leave on Monday June 15

Directions: from South, West and East - Hiway 14 north to 6th stoplight, turn left and go one block. Turn next left through gate and follow signs.

From North - Hiway 14 south to 1st stoplight, turn right one block, then left through gate and follow signs.

June 10 Wednesday arrivals, happy hour 5 PM to 6:30 Appetizer provided, BYOB

Thurs. 7-9 coffee and rolls
Tour of new hydroelectric plant at Red Rock Dam, then on to Pella, IA (additional cost) for lunch and tour of Wyatt Earp’s home and other attractions

Friday 7-9 coffee and rolls
Tour of national sprint car hall of fame & museum and suites
Tour of sprint car team rig
Off to the races!

Saturday 7-9 coffee and rolls
Tour of Weilers’ factory They build asphalt transfer machines.
Off to the races!

Sunday 7-9 Coffee and rolls
Potluck 6 pm Smoked brisket provided

Monday coffee

Early arrivals or stay late – extra cost at $25 per night

Limited amount of 50 amp parking on site at the track, water, sewer and showers close by, later arrivals will stay ¾ mile away but also with hookups

Rally fee $165 Rally arrangements made with Mike Brooks, 2256 Old Highway 92, Tracy, IA 50256 or by phone 641-780-2720 by April 30. Rally fee will be due upon arrival.

Includes
two nights at World of Outlaw races, June 12 and 13 10 or 12 free tickets each night, selected by a drawing. Remainder of tickets will be discounted to $25 each
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

I received an email asking if you have to be a club/chapter member to attend. They also asked if it was necessary to have a toad at the rally.

All Eagle Chapter sponsored rallies are open to the general public. At past rallies we often have other types of busesRVs attend. We welcome folks who share our love of Eagle buses.

As far as having alternative transportation at our rallies, it is always desirable, but others at the rallies are always good to provide ride sharing.

The only thing we ask it that you make reservations for the rally. The host often bases various activities and meals on the reservations. Most hosts will try to accommodate last minute reservations (if resources are available), but unplanned attendees can present a problem

Another question that often comes up: "I don't have a bus (or my bus is not ready yet" - can I attend all or part of the rally". Again, visitors are always welcome. Depending on your participation, you may be expected to pay all or part of the rally fee. However, if you just want to show up and talk to the members and look at our buses, that is great.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Mike and Marty have been talking and will make a decision about the rally. They should be able to tell us by the 15th of May.
Stay health
Wayne
Jim H
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F407926
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle 01,8v92TA,HT740, Southwestern Coach Conversion
1989 Eagle Model 15

Post by Jim H »

Thanks for the info Wayne. We were planning to attend but have not sent rally money due to the great amount of uncertainty with the Covid-19 issue. On a positive note, we are currently having a staycation in the driveway due to the storms this past Sunday night...no Electrical power! But, believe me, we were blessed, we still have a home! Hey, Denise was wanting to use the bus anyway, "lets go somewhere"...This trip, the drive was not bad, just backed out of the building into the driveway! LOL. Sleeping in the Eagle at night and using the genset on the Eagle to power the house , so I guess its a portable generator/heating/showering/sleeping unit! :D
Jim & Denise
"Casper" Eagle 01 1966
"Eagle 2" Model 15 1989
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Same thing almost happened here. It snowed last night with 6 to 8 inches of heavy wet snow and the power went out. I was not worried because I knew the bus was our standby. No such luck the power was back on in 5 hours. If this covid thing doesn't get straightened out soon I am going to take the bus to eastern Colorado where I am sure I can find a spot with nobody within miles.
stay healthy
Wayne
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CANCELLED: Special Iowa Rally June 10-14 2020

Post by beltguy »

As noted in the edited subject line, Mike Brooks has had to cancel this rally.

The races that tied in with this rally were cancelled/postponed due to the Corona Virus restrictions. As a result, the rally has been cancelled.

Mike said that he hopes he can reschedule the rally for the races next year. I for one sure hope so.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO