Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

My 84 Eagle Project part 1

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
AUSSIE EAGLE 10
Bus Model: 1984 Eagle Model 10

Re: My 84 Eagle Project part 1

Post by AUSSIE EAGLE 10 »

Lol yes it will probably leave me like wiley coyote and be sitting on the road with just the steering wheel lol
well it does kinda get damn hot here and yes i did think about the roof as a shade maker for the driver as well as sunvisor, will see thats not important at the moment, thanks for the reply. Roos won't hurt it too much as long as they aren't hopping to high otherwise i may have 2 co -pilots, we do have wild camel, horses, cattle, and dumb emu's as well as everything else that can be hit lol, rabbits barely make a noise.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Someone has done a lot of work to get that bus that far. Great find. It took me years to get to that stage. ( OK I don't work very fast ) You have a great platform. I say a project like that is like eating an elephant one bite at a time.

Wayne
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

Cheers Wayne, yes it has had a lot of work done to it which would have cost so much that i am sure i would have abandoned the project myself? It must have been one rusty piece of tin! It was a great buy, it wasn't my first choice as i wanted smaller but i stumbled on this in our local trading post and without even a second thought bought it site unseen!! Very dangerous move but i new enough to know i could not lose my money as it was cheap and if things went belly up i could part it out. This is a five year project for me as i am not a fast worker like some others, and i don't have the big shed with all the boys toys to do the job so for me it will be a slow labour of love. I'm just running around it with sikaflex and the moment fixing any small leaks as we are going into your fall and it will be outside so i need it waterproof.
Jim H
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F407926
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle 01,8v92TA,HT740, Southwestern Coach Conversion
1989 Eagle Model 15

Post by Jim H »

I'll second what Wayne said and what a nice bus! A big project, it is! On the bright side, you will not have to wonder how or why something is down this or that way like I do, because you will know how YOU did it. LOL . Take notes for the next soul.

Good Luck.
Jim & Denise
"Casper" Eagle 01 1966
"Eagle 2" Model 15 1989
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

yes a blank canvas is much easier to play with than someone elses mess to be pulled apart then fixed again. I will definately take notes probably for my own benefit lol. I may wonder in years to come how or why did i do something the way i did lol
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Keep good notes on everything you do. I keep fair notes and it helps to figure things out down the road. Case in point. I wred the main 12 volt panel a few years ago and am now wiring my dash. When I wanted to wire the switch that activates the door lock I went back and looked at my notes. I must have had a lot of smarts that day as I made that circuit way more complicated than it needed to be and would have not been able to figure it out without the notes.

Wayne
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

Yes i will be taking notes for sure. I have a new wiring loom from a freightliner with the dash and the Engine plus the main fuse panel which come from the same truck, so they all plug and play. My big nightmare now is that the engine will obviously be in the rear so the loom is no way long enough! So i have to cut and shut and there's lots of wires lol Will be ok, just need the eyes wide open and the brain fully awake lol.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Tony, I would try to get the Freightliner wiring diagram. I think that is not too hard to do.

On a Series 60 it is something like 15-20 wires. I ran several extra wires in the bundle in case I ever needed them. At least one set of wires should be a twisted pair (for data port and probably gauges). You can make your own set of twisted pair by simply chucking up a pair of wires in a drill and then have someone hold the other end of the pair of wires while you operate the drill. There is a spec for the number of twists per foot, but I don't think it is too critical.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

Thanks jim, my dash and loom are from a FL70, i was lucky enough that someone had the brains to label a good portion of the connectors for the engine hookup. I have the complete fuse box still attached with fuses so thankfully it won't be to hard to assemble. I decided that when the time comes i will start at the engine and work my way forward as there will be less wiring needing to be extended. I wanted the fuse box closer to the dash but as it has the bulk of wiring going to it i will leave it in the rear behind the tail light door. And yes there will need to be a few extra wires to be run as i want more gauges to monitor whats going on at the back.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Great fun project you found! The only thing I see that I would change is that the entrance door is on the wrong side! :lol:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/