Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

James and Linda Hood's 92 Eagle

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

James and Linda Hood's 92 Eagle

Post by beltguy »

I have been talking to James for the past couple of weeks, getting him set up and talking about his Eagle. He does not feel comfortable posting just yet, so I told him I would start this thread.

He has the great looking Eagle shown below

It is fairly new to him. He is using it for his Bluegrass band. It was an entertainer bus and he has done some modifications including taking out some of the bunks and building a bathroom.

He has been told it is a 92 but he is not sure of its history. He gave me the Vin number of 1EBUC8A1XNB004001. I tried looking up that number in the data I have and it does not seem to fit the format.

If anyone has any information on this bus, please let us know.

James' profile is here: http://www.eaglesinternational.net/foru ... file&u=661

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Re: James and Linda Hood's 92 Eagle

Post by ericbsc »

I talked to him last week. He was working on the bogie index. That is a sharp coach!!
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Eric, I talked to James yesterday. You and I had both recommended that he run his coach across the scales to see where he was with his bogie adjustment. He did that and he is pretty close. Could go up one or two splines, but OK for now. It turns out that the person doing the bogie adjustment got confused about the reading on the jack (forgot to double the pressure to get the load - as I understand it).

I had hoped that someone could help with the VIN number, or background information. Anyone?

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

There Are 2 Vin Numbers On These Newer Buses I Have Found.

On The Back Side Of The Location Where The Vin # Is Normally Located There Should Be Another Tag With The 5 Or 6 Digit Vin Attached.

This Is What I Found When I Also Had The Same Issue Of Not Being Able To Find Info On The Vin # That Was Present..........On My 1984 10

I Have Seen Several Eagles That Are This Way.

10-4

MrBreeze 8-)
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

James, John is talking about the VIN number tag that is on the frame in the engine compartment as opposed to the VIN plate that was usually mounted over the drivers left shoulder (often relocated during a conversion).

The frame "tag" has been reported to be on either side of the engine on one of the square tubes. On his bus it is right at the rear of the bus on the passenger side of the engine rails. I think I saw one in the same location on one of Wayne's buses last week when John and I went up there. I have been over my engine compartment with a fine tooth comb and can't find a VIN tag.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

His will be under the ac compressor on the passengers side that where you find some, his is a 1990 entertainer shell when I get home and have time I'll find out where it went new does it have a 8v92 engine

Clifford
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

Clifford, it does have an 8V92.

James is going to send me a photo of the VIN tag that is inside the coach. It will be interesting to see if it is an Eagle tag or a tag made by a conversion company.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

The last five of the VIN on the 93 15-45 that Eric asked about the other day is 04021... Only 20 away from this 04001. I think Dan mentioned that number to me when I was talking to him. I bet this is another one that went to Frank and Todd Bauer in PA. 04021 was shipped in Dec 92 and titled as a 1993. 04021 was a factory raised roof entertainer.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

This bus was originally sold to Charles Payne in Trussville, Alabama. He operated entertainer coaches and seated coaches and took great care of all of his coaches. It started it's life as manufacturing number 90-005. It was one of the buses that was partially built and left during the bankruptcy of Eagle Bus Manufacturing. Eagle Coach Corporation, the new company under the Mexican ownership, finished the bus and assigned the VIN number using the new numbering system. They also assigned a new manufacturing number, 92-001, and was not only the first bus manufactured that year, but also the first coach produced by the Mexican ownership of Eagle Coach Corporation. It was delivered February 04, 1992.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

A cool little bit of history there!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN