Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1991 EAGLE MODEL 15 entertainer bus changover to motorco

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
shakerattle&roll
FMCA #: 426293
Bus Model: 1991 Eagle model 15

Re: 1991 EAGLE MODEL 15 entertainer bus changover to motorco

Post by shakerattle&roll »

This is shake rattle & roll. Had to get a new computer. I would appreciate anything you can send me about the heating system. I have a boiler system in my house. I have extra burners for a hot water tank and a furnace and should be able make one out of those. I also plan on putting the electric heaters in under the cabinets. I have heat strips in my 3 duotherm air conditioners now and I'm going to update them to heat pumps 15000 BTU. Thank you for your help. My email address is chunt8@rochester.rr.com
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Dan The duct work must be from the work done by the converter. What is it hooked to? If it is to roof airs some say it makes them quieter I am not convinced that is true. If it is some sort of basement air be careful you don't disrupt the air flow and will not be able to cool your bus. I don't know about the history of your bus but there are others on the board that will chime in.

Wayne
shakerattle&roll

Hi everyone Went to Cal last week on the way back on I 44 at exit 61 there was 6 busses on the service road . Also exit 107 on I 44 a eagle bus all stripted new front no side windows 1 air on top .tail light are there. new siding. Anyone know of these buses? At exit 61 about 6 buses at least 3 were eagles . Maybe someone knows . For sale signs on the 6 buses .
shakerattle&roll

shake rattle & roll wrote:We are changing the Eagle into a more comfortable motorcoach. When we retire we are selling everything and becoming "full timers". The project should take about 3 years. We have read alot of the information on your site which is giving us great ideas. Any input will be appreciated. We look forward to meeting other members and attending some rallies in the future.
The motor is an 8-v92 with 740 Allison 45 footer
We wil be checking your site often as we embark on this adventure.
Thanks everyone,
Shake Rattle & Roll
WE ARE RETIRED NOW. BEEN WORKING ON COACH TOOK OUT WINDOWS PUT IN DOUBLE PAIN ONES . ALSO 1/8 SHEETS OF ALUMINUM ON EACH SIDE .WHEN WE TOOK THE BUNKS OUT AND THE FIBERGLASS SIDING OFF THERE WAS NO SUPPORTS IN THE WALLS SO I WELDED 1-1/2 BARS IN THE WALLS. SPRAY FOAM IN THE WALLS GREEN STUFF .NOW WALLS ARE GOING UP .PUT 3 15000 BTU HEAT PUMPS ON ROOF .NEXT IS CLOSET IN REAR . GOING FORWARD .