Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Anyone know this eagle?

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
OkieJoe

Anyone know this eagle?

Post by OkieJoe »

I’m still looking for that “perfect” eagle to start a conversion with. Had put it on the back burner for a while when I was working on other projects. Would love some input on this option https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 530656554/
Does anyone know this eagle (good, bad, or ugly) I like the 60 series, still waiting to hear back on transmission type, owner was unsure when I asked about torsilastic adjustment left and said “normal rust,” whatever that means exactly. Just thought I would ask here if anyone was familiar with it before going to look. Thanks in advance.
Joey
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Re: Anyone know this eagle?

Post by DoubleEagle »

I don't recall seeing this particular Eagle before, and the listing is two months old, so it might be prudent to check on its status before you spend too much time thinking about it. It looks like a serious candidate going by the few pictures. Either the present or previous owner started a conversion, but did not progress beyond stripping the interior and filling in the windows, and putting roof airs on. I don't know where the name Chariot came from, it should be referred to as a Model 15 Eagle.

The Series 60 is a great engine, it first came out in 1987, but if this one came with it, it would probably be a DDEC 1 11.1L. A sticker on the passenger side valve cover would give the details. It would have around 350 hp. The transmission would likely be an Allison HT740, or some other model in the 700 series. There is an ID plate on the drivers side of the trans just above the oil pan. It could also be a manual, 5 or 7 speed.

The fact that the owner does not know about the torsilastic adjustment means that he has not crawled underneath very much, or is hiding the fact that there is no adjustment left. The pictures indicate to me that the bus could be sitting higher. The straightness of the mid body panel looks good, but the panels filling in the windows look like they were put in with shorter sections. If the bus was mostly out west, it could be in good shape rust-wise, but it would have to be inspected. It "needs a generator", but does it have one now that is not working? Since there is flexibility in the price, be sure to offer less. If it has an automatic, and the engine runs good, and the rust is not bad, it is a serious candidate. If it is a manual, it is worth thousands less.
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
Eagle obsessed
Bus Model: 1968 model 05 Eagle series 60 and B500

Post by Eagle obsessed »

Yep looks like a 700 series

"normal rust" would make me nervous, though.

the PO on my bus said that all the rust had been fixed, and look what i found... http://www.eaglesinternational.net/test ... f=9&t=4786

ditto on the series 60.

Good luck!
1968 05 Series 60/B500 swap 2019-2021
1971 05 8v71 Spicer 4 speed parts bus
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Eagle obsessed wrote:
"normal rust" would make me nervous, though.

the PO on my bus said that all the rust had been fixed, and look what i found... http://www.eaglesinternational.net/test ... f=9&t=4786

Good luck!
You should have gathered all the rusty pieces and delivered them to the PO, and tell him he forgot something. Unless, of course, he is legally blind.
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746