Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Anyone know Phoenix Coach Global?

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Anyone know Phoenix Coach Global?

Post by Bus & Car »

https://phoenixcoachglobal.com/phoenix- ... -model-15/

Looks very interesting. They seem to have re-invented the Eagle 15 using the original as a starting point.

Better yet, they have LOTS of cool shirt designs.

I don't like their new logo as it looks like something that would be at home in Hitler's time but the rest is pretty good!

And most of the historical section is very well done, having photos I've never seen before. A lot of the text they used from the start up to the Model 10 comes directly from what I wrote for Bus World in 1981 and later on for the Eagle article on Wikipedia.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Anyone know Phoenix Coach Global?

Post by beltguy »

Hi Joe

Neil Fluit is the president at Phoenix Coach Global. Neil is quite active on several bus/Eagle related Facebook groups (see what you are missing :D ). I do not recall him applying for membership to this forum, although I had some correspondence with him a couple of years ago when they were first developing their website.

He has been discussing rebuilding the Eagle brand for a few years now. According to some FB discussions and discussion with some of our members, Phoenix Coach Global is working on developing suppliers for components unique to Eagle (including Torsilastic parts).

From what I can tell, they are moving very slowly and that is probably the correct approach after the last debacle.

As Eagle owners, we can only hope that they are successful (assuming they don't build some terrible version of the Eagle :lol: :lol: ).

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

Thanks Jim.

From his website I was getting the idea that he seemed about ready to start his production line.

I think I'll send him a mail after the first of August. Got some other stuff going on until then.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
Neil_Fluit
Bus Model: 1984 Eagle Model 10, 1987 Eagle Model 20X

Post by Neil_Fluit »

I appreciate Jim contacting me about our business being mentioned here. I also really appreciate the feedback for this thread so far. It is our ambition to bring the Model 15 back into production as the Phoenix Model 15. I am acyually ashamed that I had not joined this group sooner. I know I have read MANY threads in this forum and honestly, you are all the experts in my eyes. I have actually spoken with several members via email and phone conversations and I am eternally grateful for the insights this group has provided as we have pushed forward.

Currently, we are expanding our bus and motorcoach parts division (Phoenix Coach Parts https://store.phoenixcoachglobal.com) and offering parts for any and all buses and motorcoaches we can get our hands-on. Unfortunately, the Eagle market can not currently sustain a company with aspirations of bringing the Model 15 back into production so we have expanded the parts division to display proof of concept for our potential investors and banks. We have already started collecting Purchase orders that are designed with the understanding that production will not start until All financing is in place and a stable foundation is set. At that time only will the deposits be taken on those PO. We have extensively examined the history of Eagle in all of its iterations and know that the Eagle name can not take another stain due to lack of due diligence. Our advantage is that our overhead is far smaller than the original eagle since we utilize just in time production methods. As the company grows internal inventory is factored in based on WIP and production completed. We are also blessed with having so much manufacturing capability local. Many people fail to realize that where we are located as much steel is consumed as is used in the automotive industry in Detroit. We will be making a video of some of the equipment running and possibly have some on our youtube channel already. We have done a few tours for some select people that have expressed interest but those tours focus mainly on the parts manufacturing and the "museum" my personal office. Well, I have probably written more than most care to read already so I will stop boring you all.

Thank you again!
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Neil, welcome aboard!

Please feel welcome to post status reports on your ambitious project. Without question, your efforts will surely benefit our members in the future.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

I truly hope that Phoenix Coach succeeds. I have gone through most of their listings for parts, and there are quite a few, but most of them have no pictures or details. It appears that they hope to get orders first, and then obtain the parts. That was the failing of the previous attempt to resurrect the Eagle; orders were taken for parts, but not everyone got them. They imply that current Model 15's can be provided, but I suspect that not one has actually been built. It is very difficult to start up a new business, and bankroll an inventory, but the website needs to be more informative. :)
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
Neil_Fluit

Post by Neil_Fluit »

DoubleEagle wrote:I truly hope that Phoenix Coach succeeds. I have gone through most of their listings for parts, and there are quite a few, but most of them have no pictures or details. It appears that they hope to get orders first, and then obtain the parts. That was the failing of the previous attempt to resurrect the Eagle; orders were taken for parts, but not everyone got them. They imply that current Model 15's can be provided, but I suspect that not one has actually been built. It is very difficult to start up a new business, and bankroll an inventory, but the website needs to be more informative. :)
Thank you for the feedback DoubleEagle. If the part is on our website, we have the part or have had the part in inventory. As far as pictures, we are currently going through all of the images on our website since we have nearly a million pictures on our website we needed to develop a new system to compress the images automatically. It has been a long process. We are bringing them back or replacing them as we have time and in order of relevance. We have done one preorder on the OEM Eagle emblems but payment was not processed until the Emblems were in hand. It is our policy to only list parts that we can produce or that we can supply from our vendors. Our current focus has been on parts for other buses and coaches for the economy of scale in our parts division. I would be interested in your ideas pertaining to details for parts listings. What additional information would you be interested in? First comes parts and then coach production. If there is any information you would like to know don't be afraid to ask and we will see about adding it to the website. Thank you again.
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Neil_Fluit wrote:
DoubleEagle wrote:I truly hope that Phoenix Coach succeeds. I have gone through most of their listings for parts, and there are quite a few, but most of them have no pictures or details. It appears that they hope to get orders first, and then obtain the parts. That was the failing of the previous attempt to resurrect the Eagle; orders were taken for parts, but not everyone got them. They imply that current Model 15's can be provided, but I suspect that not one has actually been built. It is very difficult to start up a new business, and bankroll an inventory, but the website needs to be more informative. :)
Thank you for the feedback DoubleEagle. If the part is on our website, we have the part or have had the part in inventory. As far as pictures, we are currently going through all of the images on our website since we have nearly a million pictures on our website we needed to develop a new system to compress the images automatically. It has been a long process. We are bringing them back or replacing them as we have time and in order of relevance. We have done one preorder on the OEM Eagle emblems but payment was not processed until the Emblems were in hand. It is our policy to only list parts that we can produce or that we can supply from our vendors. Our current focus has been on parts for other buses and coaches for the economy of scale in our parts division. I would be interested in your ideas pertaining to details for parts listings. What additional information would you be interested in? First comes parts and then coach production. If there is any information you would like to know don't be afraid to ask and we will see about adding it to the website. Thank you again.
You might have a million pictures on your site someday, but I think you are a little shy of that now. The details that I think are needed for parts listings are clear pictures, detailed diagrams where helpful, and exact measurements in the case of tight fitting body parts. The prices listed for your parts are quite healthy (as in high), so I think it would be prudent to provide enough information for us to make a wise decision. How about a discount for Veterans, since you are Veteran owned? What about discounts for members of Eagle International, the principal people who keep the remaining Eagles alive?
Attachments
1994 Model 15 Eagle 004.JPG
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
930dreamer

Post by 930dreamer »

I'll be interested to see how the company does.
Neil_Fluit

Post by Neil_Fluit »

I had the opportunity/pleasure of getting to spend some time with Joe yesterday. It was such a privilege! When he gets back from down south I will have to try to convince him to take a tour of one of our shops. Thank again Joe.
Attachments
20191026_141911.jpg