Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Eagle 10 built by Richard Ramsey

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Bustyme
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: 398939
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01, 8V92TA, HT-740, Stock width & height (FOR SALE (805) 238-7122)
1983 Eagle 10, 8V92TA, HT-740, 102" wide 7" roof raise

Eagle 10 built by Richard Ramsey

Post by Bustyme »

Hey Bus Buds,
My friend came accross an Eagle 10 forsale on consignment in Utah at http://www.nielsonrv.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; last week. He took some pictures and I talked to the RV salesman about it but didn't get all the details I wanted. I was wondering if anybody could enlighten me on this conversion.
This is what I know...it was converted in 2002-04 by Richard (Dick) Ramsey in the Chico, Ca area and Bill Kingston did the interior and some misc. stuff (I talked to Bill K. last night about it and he answered some of my questions). It is a Model 10 and has a DD series 60 with a world trans. The slide was done twice!! but I don't know the whole story. It has all the features I'm looking for in Bus #2 except the price!!
Do any of you longtime Eagle buds know about this Bus and it's conversion history? Figured I better ask before I drive 650 miles to touch and feel! If you go to the nielson RV web site and look at the Class A diesel motorhomes there are a bunch of pics of it. Looks pretty nice!

Thanks,
Randy Coons
Bustyme 66 Eagle 01
Hal
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f128731
Bus Model: 1974 05 Eagle

Re: Eagle 10 built by Richard Ramsey

Post by Hal »

The motor install needs attention (never did cool or run right).Electrical is a little iffy but the interrior is a typical work of art from Bill. Bus should be bought for quite a bit less than listed although Dick had much more in it.(whats new?)
Bustyme
Board Member
Board Member
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01, 8V92TA, HT-740, Stock width & height (FOR SALE (805) 238-7122)

Post by Bustyme »

Hal,
Do you know any history (miles, condition, origin etc.) on the chassis? What about history on the engine/trans? Did any of the suspension/brakes get rebuilt when the conversion was done? It's 102 wide...correct? It will also have a drop box...correct? I have a phone number for Dick Ramsey but haven't tried to see if it is good. Would anybody else you know have input?

Thanks,

Randy
Hal
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f128731
Bus Model: 1974 05 Eagle

Post by Hal »

I think Dick worked on the conversion for close to 10 years. The used Series 60 was installed by a guy out of Redding I believe. The world trans was done at a detroit/allison dealer out of Eugene,Or and should be a new one. I know he had power issues and even considered a 14ltr like mine but as stated, the origional install wasn't done well. Without a proper installation the motor will never perform as designed (proper CAC air flow, etc.) I think he ended up trading the bus for some property and was having health issues at the time. This was a couple of years ago so wouldn't know any history later. Last I saw the bus was at the Pamona FMCA show the last time the concention was held there.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Hi Randy. I ran into the owner about 2 or 3 years ago in Vegas. We were parked at Outdoor Resorts and he saw my bus and stopped to chat, but mostly to see if I knew anyone who might be interested in buying this one. He told me how much money he had put into it, if I remember right it was an astronomical amount, like maybe 500K. He had health problems and wanted to sell it real bad. I might have his number on some scratch paper somewhere, I'll look. Good luck
travlinman
Bus Model: PD4106

Post by travlinman »

I see that this bus is still for sale. Any thoughts on what it would take to make it a good runner? Hal you mentioned that the electrical system was suspect, can you elaborate?

Thanks

TM
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Here is the direct link to the bus:

http://www.nielsonrv.com/inventory/9687 ... iesel.aspx

As noted, the interior is beautiful. I tried to get an impression on the engine installation. Just hard to tell much. It does show a right angle gear box on the passenger side which does not appears to drive a fan drive - for the CAC?. If so, that would be a good solution. I use a hydraulic fan on that side and it is marginal. With misters, I can keep the air inlet temperature to less than 150* which seems to be OK.

Good looking bus.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Bustyme
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bustyme »

Alright Everyone,
I did a 30 hour marathon run in our bus to go and look at the Ramsey Eagle. I was waiting for Quartzsite to report my findings. It was 13 degrees the night before we got there (12/30) and we spent 2 hours trying to get it to start!! Once we got it started and got it postioned to drive out of the lot....we extended the slide to see how it worked ....and one hour later with the help of a forklift...we got the slide back in!! It is nice but has some personality flaws that might be difficult to overcome. If the price was right; they are surmountable if you have some money and time to throw at it... as well as an understanding of Eagle buses. The workmanship is top notch and the interior is classic Bill Kingston but it has been outside in the southern Utah sun for almost two years and Bill will have to do some tuning up on some of the oak panels. We drove it and it appears to be in a limp home mode but that doesn't bother me as much as it did the salesman that was selling it. I'll save the rest for the "Q" unless somebody has specific questions....it is a nice Eagle...but it should be for the amount of time and $ put into it.

Randy Coons
travlinman
Bus Model: PD4106

Post by travlinman »

Randy

Thanks for posting your thoughts on that Eagle. I think I will pass as I am looking for something more "turn key" for my second bus.

TM
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I had a set of HWH floor level slides with the pump and controls Richard was going to redo the slide with but when he got sick it was put on the back burner, fwiw we made a offer on that bus I wasn't concern about the few problems of the bus, glad now they did not accept the offer lol

good luck
Clifford