Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1993 Eagle no blinkers

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
rental2015
Bus Model: 1993 Eagle model 15 rare 35 foot bus

1993 Eagle no blinkers

Post by rental2015 »

Hi my new eagle family
I have a model 15 35 ft that has no blinkers or hazards lights? I had a smoking wire in the left side panel that shorted a coulpe of the wires that connect to the engine over ride and diganostic buttons.after that i lost all power to the bus as I was driving down the road.It now runs but I can not get blinkers or hazards to operate.Dan North Carolina
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Re: 1993 Eagle no blinkers

Post by akroyaleagle »

Sorry to hear of the electrical fire.
It's almost impossible to help you without being there but I will try.
Before you start you will have to determine what caused the fire to begin with. After that is corrected, you need to wire power to the solenoid that powers the blinkers if it burned.
Check the archives on this Board for Eagle electrical diagrams. They may be a little different than your 15, but will give you or the person that does the work a good idea of the layout and wire numbers.
Good Luck,
Joe
file:///C:/Users/Joe/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/Joe%20Laird%20Wiring%20Schematics%2075%25%20Compression%20(1).pdf
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
rental2015

Post by rental2015 »

Joe
It is a blessing to talk to another person who understands the bus life...So a quick update
The blinkers statrted working again last night as I was taking out a group of people for a quick ride-then they stopped working.This morning the are working again and I dont know what caused them to work and stop working. Dan North Carolina
Eagle obsessed
Bus Model: 1968 model 05 Eagle series 60 and B500

Post by Eagle obsessed »

What comes to my mind is that a wire has almost burned through and jiggled enough to make contact...
1968 05 Series 60/B500 swap 2019-2021
1971 05 8v71 Spicer 4 speed parts bus
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

You need to trace your wires down from the directional unit in the steering column to the electrical panel below the driver's window. If you have not opened up your electrical panel door yet, you are in for a surprise. The panel on the Model 15 is a single door that hinges on the left edge. When you open it up, there is an inner black door that hinges on the bottom, with two thumbscrews to unlock on the top. It swings down to reveal all the wire connections and breakers. Be careful when you open the inner door because the leading edge can rub (like what the previous owner did) against the complete electrical (and air system) diagrams that are mounted on the inside of the outer door . Chances are the wiring bundles have chaffed somewhere under the dash, rubbing the wire insulation off. If you do not have a wire tracing unit, it would be handy to get one. They send a signal through the connected wire that can be sensed by the receiving unit, which sounds a tone when it hovers over the wire. There are very cheap ones available, but the very best are models by Fluke. You could have more smoke signals in the future if you do not find the trouble spot. You might have to take things apart, and stand on your head. :o

In the pictures you will see how things are labeled, the "manual signal" relay is in the center of the lowered panel. The closeup of the electrical information charts shows a portion of the wiring information for the dash area, indicating wire numbers and colors. Hopefully, you have charts like this on yours that are readable.
Attachments
010.JPG
009.JPG
008.JPG
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

WOW the 15 wiring is all together different from 05 and 10!

I should point out the Walter uploaded some pretty detailed photos. That is good. In the thread they only show as large thumbnails but you can click on them to load them, outside the thread and then click on areas to really magnify the details of the photo.

It looks to me like they got rid of the terrible fuses (after many years they had a hard time passing current) and went with breakers.

If you are lucky to have all the labels that Walter does (plus the wiring diagram on the left of the one photo), you should be able to pick away at several possible areas of trouble.

As someone said, it sounds like a loose connection. I would turn on the blinkers and wiggle all the wires in the panel and around the steering column.

I have had the turn signal control unit on the steering column have the connection on the bottom come loose. Be sure to wiggle it as well.

If you find a loose wire be sure to coat the connection with dielectric grease (and clean the contacts if needed).

Since you had smoke, I would start by looking in the panel area for any heat evidence.

Be sure to include photos if you think it will help us.

BTW, welcome to the group.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Jim, that is exactly what I said when I first saw it (wow). This is the way it should have been handled in the first place; organized, labeled, color coded, with a schematic permanently mounted, and more protection from road spray. This is the way the panel looks like after 25 years of service over 666,000 miles without being cleaned (some of the wires are dusty, I'll have to fix that some day). Thanks for noticing that the pictures are high definition. Some forums can't handle too many of those level pictures, but yours can.

Dan, since your bus is a 1993, it should be very similar, mine is a 1994 45'. I'll bet your turning radius is a tad bit tighter.
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Walter and all:

When we rebuilt the site and changed hosts several years ago, we made the decision to host photos and set the size limit so that most folks could post their photos without having to reduce the size of the file. That decision was based on two things: 1) third party photo hosting were starting to change their "free hosting" policy and holding their customers ransom and 2) our traffic is fairly limited and we thought that we would not be overwhelmed with tons of huge photos that would cause large storage costs. We currently have our software set to allow any size photo. However, our host has some sort of limit that is probably around 5 meg.

When you load large photos, they show up as large thumbnails that fill a good part of the screen. However, if they are large photos, the reader can click on them and get access to the full size photo and then they can magnify that to get some pretty awesome detail.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
rental2015

Re:93 eaglUpdate: Eagles International Website and Forum St

Post by rental2015 »

Editor note. I moved this post from a non-related thread to this thread where I think it fits better.

Hello fellow Eagle friends,
I seem to have a turn signal flasher problem. The other day I was driving the coach [as I am a new owner so I am not real great at this electrical ] and had smoke coming out of the left side dash...where the engine light diagnostic gauges reside. This shut the whole bus down.I finally got it back to my home and now I seem to have the infrequent problem of sometimes the hazards/turn signals won't do anything......
does anyone now how to check this out???
Dan North Carolina