Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

OVER THE PAST YEAR OR SO, WE HAVE BEEN WORKING TO MAKE SIGNIFICANT UPGRADES TO THIS FORUM

The progress has been slow, but we continue to work on the project

BOTH THE WEBSITE AND THE FORUM ARE FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND AVAILABLE FOR OUR MEMBER'S/READER'S ENJOYMENT

For update activity/status click on this thread.

Eagle Suspension??? again...I know Lol

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.

David,

You had it right the first time, both ends of the Torsilastic inner tube are splined. The half inch bolt merely holds the adjusting arm on the spline. Drilling a second hole for the bolt allows more rotation on the spline from the stock setup. Attached is a closeup picture of the spline courtesy of Sulastic.
Attachments
Spline end of torsilastic tube.jpeg
Spline end of torsilastic tube.jpeg (96.53 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member

DoubleEagle wrote:David,

You had it right the first time, both ends of the Torsilastic inner tube are splined. The half inch bolt merely holds the adjusting arm on the spline. Drilling a second hole for the bolt allows more rotation on the spline from the stock setup. Attached is a closeup picture of the spline courtesy of Sulastic.

Oh wow, I thought I was giving the wrong info. Thanks for correcting me. I'm getting more forgetful of things by the day :cry:
Davd
davida

Previous

Return to Eagle Tech