Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

OVER THE PAST YEAR OR SO, WE HAVE BEEN WORKING TO MAKE SIGNIFICANT UPGRADES TO THIS FORUM

The progress has been slow, but we continue to work on the project

BOTH THE WEBSITE AND THE FORUM ARE FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND AVAILABLE FOR OUR MEMBER'S/READER'S ENJOYMENT

For update activity/status click on this thread.

Jim's 56 Chevy

This forum was created so that members can document their projects that are not bus related. Most any subject is acceptable: car/truck, tractor, machine restoration, wood working, etc.
Jim's 56 Chevy
Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:34 am

Hi all

Recall that I created this forum so that our members can show their non-bus projects. I had hoped that we would get a bit more participation. I could flood this forum with all of the car projects I am working on :D .

I thought I would introduce my 1956 Chevy:

chevy and poodle skirts.jpg

This picture was taken in 1987 just before we headed to Illinois for a car "rally". For many years this car was my daily driver. I still have it and I have been working on "restoring" it and getting it back on the road. Most of the work so far has be devoted to starting over again on the paint.

The car was a true "farmer's yard" find and I did a frame off build. It has a 350 engine/Turbo 400 combination and later model steering and brakes. In the late '80s I installed Lincoln air springs (we were working on an air spring project at Gates). That was long before air springs became popular.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2014 Passport 26 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: http://beltguy.com/blog/
Email: jim@eaglesinternational.net NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence and not technical advice
beltguy

Return to Our "Other" Projects