Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

The Cuthbert and Myers Coach Company

This is a public forum that will facilitate **DOCUMENTATION** of Eagle Bus History. Posting of historical documents and photos is encouraged. Questions about individual bus history (VIN) should be posted in the General Eagle Chat forum.
willbilly
Bus Model: None

The Cuthbert and Myers Coach Company

Post by willbilly »

Hello all,

I recently found this at an estate sale in Garland, TX. This is a brochure for an RV that I surmise was built on an Eagle International chassis. After finding the brochure quick googling found no pictures of a prototype. I did find a reference in the opencorporate database for a company established in Brownsville (2545 Price Road I believe) in 1973 with Harry L. Cuthbert as the registered agent in Greenville, TX. Some more searching led to a Brownsville newspaper article naming Mr. Cuthbert as the chief engineer of Eagle Bus International in 1975 at least.

I have the suspicion that this RV was meant to be on a Silver Eagle chassis, although it is a single rear axle design.

I, as of today, have not found any reference to Myers.

Attached is the pdf I scanned of the brochure.
Attachments
C&MCCo Brochure003.pdf
Scanned Brochure
(5.5 MiB) Downloaded 405 times
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: The Cuthbert and Myers Coach Company

Post by beltguy »

First of all, welcome to our forum

I have a suspicion that this is not an Eagle related vehicle. However, the fact that the company was in Brownsville and Culbertson was associated with Eagle makes it very interesting.

It has a standard Ford engine and transmission, but the running gear seems much more robust than a standard Ford Truck chassis (at least up to 1 ton). Maybe the chassis was from a medium duty truck.

In any case a very interesting document.

Thanks

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Eagle obsessed
Bus Model: 1968 model 05 Eagle series 60 and B500

Re: The Cuthbert and Myers Coach Company

Post by Eagle obsessed »

yes, i cant see anything about the coach that would connect it with a eagle, besides the unibody factor
1968 05 Series 60/B500 swap 2019-2021
1971 05 8v71 Spicer 4 speed parts bus