Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 4/20/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com (This link seems to work for my outlook email, but may not work for other email platforms. If it does not load, copy and paste the link in your platform.)

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

My 1980 Model 10

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
kingofhearts
Bus Model: 1980 Silver Eagle Model 10

My 1980 Model 10

Post by kingofhearts »

I think its time for me to scrap my dream and my bus. I’ve owned my bus for 4 years and have never driven it an inch.

It’s a long and protracted story but one of the major actors in the play is Craig Hanloh. ‘Nuff said?

So, here is my dilemma, should I try to sell the bus, sans engine & transmission, or should I part it out, or should I just have it towed to the scrap yard?

If the bus was in my back yard, I’d probably fight on. But being 2,000 away, it is nearly impossible. The number of parts that have disappeared since I first came out to Tennessee last September is staggering. A bell housing that probably weighed 250 pounds, a box with 3 blowers in it, (2) 5 gallon pails of SAE grade 8 bolts, air brake compressor, power steering pump, my entire windshield wiper system, even half the freakin’ bolts that hold my drive axles in place. All MIA.

I don’t know what its value is as a shoe box on wheels. There are still some good body parts on the bus as well as a 15 KW Power Tech generator with a Kubota engine, a 2 KW inverter (yet to be tested), oh hey, I’ve got 2 steering wheels, a full instrument cluster, and a 1 piece door.

So, I am asking for suggestions from this esteemed community on how to give my bus a decent burial or find someone with enough time and energy and willingness to put it back together.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

BTW, I’ve still got a little fight left in me. I will be seeing Craig in Gallatin Civil Court next week. If anyone would like to share their Craig experience, I’d like to get them to my lawyer.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: My 1980 Model 10

Post by beltguy »

Wow, what a sad story!!! I sure hope you get some help from the courts.

As far as scrapping, you could expect to get maybe $2400. We just had one scrapped in Denver and they got over $200 per ton. On the same day, I took some steel to a different yard and got $175 per ton. So, you will want to do some checking before you make that decision.

It sounds like you have some parts that are worth some money. Bumpers can bring some maybe $1000 for both if they are in top condition. The generator should be worth $4-5K if in good condition. If the inverter is a name brand full sine wave, it could bring $2K Those values are just guesstimates and may be low, but you get the picture. That said, I am not sure how you would part it out from a remote location.

You don't talk about the engine, but I think I recall you had a four stroke ready to go in. If you still have that, it might be worth some significant $$$

The sad situation is that the parts are worth more than the whole. But removing, selling and shipping can be overwhelming.

A running chassis is bringing in the $5K range depending on condition. Some converted Eagles are going for well under $10K. These are not high dollar conversions, but you get the idea.

I gather that the bus is in the Nashville area. Is it still at Craig's location? If so, you need to get it out as quickly as possible - probably with the help of a court order and maybe a police presence.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Why is it that so many are so afraid to come right out and tell their stories about this character? Bob in MI did, everyone should. You will get burned if you deal with him.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Most of us don't say much Mark because we have fellow EI club member two I know of and almost 3 (me the 3rd) that invested big bucks into his operation and I for 1 don't like rubbing salt into their wounds due to the respect I have for the 2 guys

I haven't had good luck with him he never refunded my 700 bucks for the LED's I shipped back to him I just wrote it off and never ordered anything else

I tried at QS to warn you about him in polite way Boomer when you were going for the brakes.

Its really sad about this guys bus breaks your heart Craig has nothing and now Kingofhearts is spending money for lawyers for broken promises and lost money he will never recoup

I doubt Craig will show up he will just let him take a summary judgement a worthless piece of paper you never collect on fwiw I am a collector of those

Seriously if I wasn't so involved with all the deals here in Phoenix I would put his bus back together for him labor free it would be more fun than what I am doing

Clifford
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

I have bought a few things from Craig. Most I got in due time, some on time!!LOL I can't help but wonder if he had produced a few model 15's instead of the box on wheels would the outcome be different. History in the auto industry proves that if you build it they will come, but if you build it ugly they will run (away!!). I pictured an eagle for today with lot more style. I am going to post this picture at the risk of being tared and feathered!!! My vision of a new eagle.

Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Fel, I saw your ads for the parts off this bus and was trying to look up the history. When I read this thread, it made me sick all over again.

What happened in court? Any luck in getting any funds back?

I sure hope you have luck selling the parts.

There is an EI sponsored rally in that area in early Oct. I wonder if you took some stuff to the rally it might find a new owner.

The big parts like the drop box/rear end and Torsilastics are worth several hundred to the right person.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.