Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

My 84 Eagle Project part 1

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
AUSSIE EAGLE 10
Bus Model: 1984 Eagle Model 10

Re: My 84 Eagle Project part 1

Post by AUSSIE EAGLE 10 »

hahaha very funny lol. :D
AUSSIE EAGLE 10
Bus Model: 1984 Eagle Model 10

Re: My 84 Eagle Project part 1

Post by AUSSIE EAGLE 10 »

Decided to take the aluminium strips off the bus and Sikaflex the joints between the fibreglass upper panels and the lower fibreglass and side panelling, drilled out the rivets on the wide bottom strip and removed the screws on the top chrome strip. I wasn't suprised to see little or no sealant behind them as there was evidence of water penetration on the floor inside. Give the areas a good clean and applied sikaflex to the joints, i then ran a very thick bead along the strips and re screwed them on making sure the sikaflex oozed out from behind. I decided not to put rivets back in the lower strip as i don't particularly like them so i opted for round headed bolts and nuts. These i have done up very firm and applied a dab of loctite to the nut to stop any undoing, i may even put a lock nut on just incase. I found that some of the rivet holes had enlarged slightly due to moisture and probably electrolosis, so this would mean new rivets would be not as tight so that's why i opted for bolts. This thing can shake rattle and roll as much as it want's but those strips aren't coming off. Hope i never need to remove them? lol
Attachments
20180314_151335.jpg
20180301_140526.jpg
20180219_120037.jpg
20180219_095345.jpg