Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Kentucky Steve's 1969 Eagle 05 number 7900

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Our 1969 Eagle 05 number 7900

Post by Dreamscape »

Here is the Bendix link we discussed. This covers compressors, dryers and brake stuff.

https://www.bendix.com/EN-US/SERVICE/LI ... heets.aspx

Here is another good one. This one probably has everything you need for the brake systems.

http://diesel.btc.ctc.edu/Brakes/Bendix ... 4_2002.pdf

This one has good explanation and drawings of a dual brake system.

http://www.mpi.mb.ca/PDFs/DVL_PDFs/AirB ... ction6.pdf
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Bear with me guys, as I am trying to learn how to move these pictures around. Computers were out when I was in high school. Its just that they where all in the rockets for the space program. ;)
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Steve,

See man, you did it! Just keep fooling around with it and you'll be an expert!

Great shot of the entrance steps!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Steve I took another look at your project very nice work. Did you spray the Rust Bullet ? Also I am very interested in your entry door. Did you make a template for your hinges? How do you like them with there ease of movement? It will be awhile untill I get to that point but I like your concept. Have you thouht about keeping the top of the door closed? That is a sore spot on my 05 in a wind it whistles. The guys have given me a couple of ideas to keep it closed. One is using some prevost parts. I might have to give the Eagle some antirejection med. for live if I do that.
Thank You Wayne
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Wayne, funny you ask as I have been studying the door since I resprayed the stairs. As for the Rustbullet, yes I sprayed all of it. I first brushed some (very little) and didnt like seeing the brush strokes. Then I tried rolling it and couldn't keep it from building up to thick. I think spraying is the way to go myself. Just keep in mind that it will NOT come off of anything without some abrasive means. I have ruined a few things with the over spray settling on them and some of that stuff was at the other end of the bus when I sprayed. Also it will not come off of skin. I have sat and litteraly sanded it off of the palms of my hands for hours. I am finalizing my designs on the door soon. I am thinking of having a power window at the top so I may be rebuilding the head. I have thought of the top closing situation and I built the door with about a 1 inch spring to it. Right now I am working on a 3 point latching system with one each above and below the pull and one in the middle at the top. I have found several options and this is just the one that best suits what I am doing. Remember I did a 12 inch roof raise and all 12 inches of it went into the door as well so its a pretty tall door. I am also working on having a screen door that "floats" with the door same as a s/s type door. Only thing left to work out there is the details in bending the radiouses at the two upper corners. I think It is important for the screen door to follow the outside door exactly. I plan on using the same pivot points as the hinges. I sent Dale a Fax of the hinge template and will do the same for you if you send me a fax number. As far as the swing, It swings as easy as house door and I have yet to screw in the grease fittings and pump grease to her as I want to get done handling the door and painting it first. If I missed anything just post here or give me a call and I will try to answer your questions as best as I can.

..... Thanks Guys........Kentucky Steve ...............
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Paul, thanks for the Bendix links there. :) It'll give me some snow day reading this winter and keep me from catching cold out on the bus .. :lol:
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Anytime Steve,

I added another link that I found real helpful in understanding a dual brake system. Has some great colored drawings to keep you entertained during the winter months. :lol:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Guys,
I have got the next slide out roughed in and put up some more pics on the blog http://ourbusconversion.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for a look see to what is going on. I have not read everything on the boards lately so tonight I am trying to catch up on what's been going on here. I will try to put up a pic here and see what happens, I am worse than an old dog at trying to remember how I did something that took me hours to learn to do (posting a pic here that is) but I will try.

.......Thanks ............Kentucky Steve............
Last edited by Kentucky Steve on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Steve, Everytime I check out your blog and what you accomplish, it amazes me. You do such quality work and do really show the love you have for your Eagle. Thanks for sharing all you do. Can't wait to see the finished product. ;)

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »