Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

"Nina" The Cassingers 88' model 20

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
guitarman
Bus Model: 88' model 20

Re: Dreamchaser 88 Model 20

Post by guitarman »

Ok I need to bring everyone up to date I guess. We renamed the eagle and it's no longer for sale.

I recently was going to sell the bus, even listed it here. Over the past two years we've been through the ringer taking care of my father who was diagnosed with Alzheimer disease soon after we bought the bus. Right after we got it we did some light work on it and made it habitable, but we did not get into any of the frame other than to take a peek at the main truss and some floor joist tubing when we replace part of the floor. My Dad lived in it and with us until he could no longer manage. Anyway, over time his disease became hard for all of us to handle, but we hung on until a few months ago when my sister gave us a break and took him for a while until he has to go into a home. Through that time we just sorta put off everything else, it's a nasty disease and the symptoms effect the entire family deeply. We had no energy to work on buses and the dream sorta slipped away. I became disgusted with the whole thing, needed some cash, hence the sale.

Byron Pigg came to look at it and basically ended up just helping me get it started, but he didn't buy it. That was the first day it had been started in over a year and when I heard it fire up I got all excited again. I'm glad he did not buy the bus that day. The wife and kids and I, sat in it and discussed keeping it and restoring/converting it again that same evening...we could tell right away it was something everyone wanted, and we needed a good family project. So we're stripping the entire thing down to the frame and starting over. Thanks Byron, lol.

Since then I've spent some time fixing a few mechanical issues and have the curbside wheel well, steps and most of the front stripped down. I posted a few pics in previous posts of what I found. RUST. Lot's of it, but enough that isn't rusted to give a guy hope. When we tore off part of the dash we found a name scratched in the paint on some tubing. "Nina". At first we didn't think much of it, we just figured someone at the factory did it to leave their mark. Later we were talking about it and googled the name. In Hebrew it means "grace or favor of God". We figured that would be a real good thing to have on board an eagle and somehow it became her new name.

So...this is the beginning of a new adventure with our bus, Nina. A big rusty adventure, lol.
101_3972.JPG
The Cassingers
Ink, MO
88' Model 20 "Nina"
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: "Nina" The Cassingers 88' model 20

Post by beltguy »

Richard, I got the subject changed per your request.

I am sure glad that you folks have decided to tackle the project again. Looks like you have a major project ahead, but it will be worth it.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
guitarman
Bus Model: 88' model 20

Re: "Nina" The Cassingers 88' model 20

Post by guitarman »

Thanks Jim!

Yep it will be a lot of work, but we have a pretty good idea of what it is and what to expect I think. We've done lots of research and to be honest after reading everyone's comments I think I'd rather do it this way. Nothing like taking something apart to learn what it's about ya know. Plus it's so much easier to get at everything when it's tore down. ;)
The Cassingers
Ink, MO
88' Model 20 "Nina"