Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 4/20/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com (This link seems to work for my outlook email, but may not work for other email platforms. If it does not load, copy and paste the link in your platform.)

Update: 4/27/2024: I am getting some SQL error pages as I click on different areas of our forum. Using the back arrow and hitting the link again usually loads the page. I will wait for a day or two before I have GoDaddy look into the problem.
update 4/28/2024 Worked on problem and crashed both the website and forum. Have now restored and will work on it in a day or two

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Vin Plate Reproduction

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Vin Plate Reproduction

Post by buscrazyinFL »

I would like to reproduce the vin plate that is by the driver's seat - the one that lists all the bus specs. Does anyone have one they can take a clear pic of and post? I also need the dimensions of the plate.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
BoxcarOkie

Re: Vin Plate Reproduction

Post by BoxcarOkie »

buscrazyinFL wrote:I would like to reproduce the vin plate that is by the driver's seat - the one that lists all the bus specs. Does anyone have one they can take a clear pic of and post?
I also need the dimensions of the plate.
Manny, I believe I put one up on my page. What I did was draw it up on the computer and then printed it out on brass sheet with black letters. Here is what it looks like (the photo isn't all that great)

The lettering on the plate reads:

Eagle Coach Manufacturing Company
Serial Number: 50018
Production Number: 83-008
VIN Number: 1ESAN6B14DB050018
Delivery Date: 04-06-1983
Delivered to: Amador Coach Lines, Sacramento California #1031

Once I hit on the idea, I just added what it was that I personally knew to be a fact about my coach and then I put it on the plate. I used a local trophy shop to do it for me, most cities have at least one or two of these available.

I also had one made "Watch Your Step" for the front steps and "Easy Does It ... Speed Costs Money."

As for installation, I put one inside the front door and the other is in the engine compartment. Now if Songman could just locate my Private Coach Plates I would have it made.

BCO
Last edited by BoxcarOkie on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Manny, I can beat a photo for you I can send you one from a Belguim built Eagle if you promise to return it they measure 6 in square.
I have some blanks for the model 15 somewhere but they are larger than the ones for the 05 good luck

Clifford
TexasBorderDude
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: new
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05

Post by TexasBorderDude »

Manny:

If you get one made up, make one for me too, and bump up my GVWR to about 42,000! hehehehe!

dg
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Doyle, your tag is for a Brownsville built 05 Eagle they are different than the Beglium built vin tags good luck

Clifford
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

This is what ours looks like with all of the war wounds, quite a difference huh.

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Paul,your is not the same as a Belguim built 05 I am going to take a photo of the 05 and email it to Manny and he can post it if some of the other guys don't post one for him.

good luck
Clifford
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I sure wish mine had all the information that is on TBD's, it looks more official. Ours looks somewhat unofficial, but it's the original!

I was just showing what a Belgium 01 looked like.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Thank you guys for the pics. Clifford which tag is closer to a 1972 05 I have never seen one.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Manny I just noticed that our busses are not that far apart. Our bus is 8875. maybe someday when they meet they can talk about the boat ride over here and maybe being in the factory at the same time.

Wayne