Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

New Eagle Full-Time Family

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
bsimmons
Bus Model: 1972 Model 5 Silver Eagle

New Eagle Full-Time Family

Post by bsimmons »

Just wanted to introduce myself to the board.
I’m a 41-year-old software developer with a wife, 3 boys (20, 17, 6), and two dogs (piglet and lab/shepherd mix). I have telecommuted for over ten years and our kids have always been home schooled. So living in an Eagle has been a pretty easy transition.

We are living full time in a 1973 Model 5. I’ve had to make many fixes to the RV parts and paid thousands and thousands for the bus parts (new clutch plate, new brakes, etc...).

There are issues. I know there always will be. But we love living in our land-yacht. We have a 1,000 Trails membership so we stay at sites three weeks at a time.

I’m thinking about writing some web software that would allow an easier time of setting reservations at 1,000 Trails sites.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: New Eagle Full-Time Family

Post by rusty »

Welcome aboard. Looks like you understand these busses are not free but a good way to move around the country. A lot of good information on this board about the Eagle bus. Jim does a damn good job of keeping it in order.

Wayne
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Re: New Eagle Full-Time Family

Post by Liberty »

Welcome aboard,
My wife and I are full timers also. since 2010.
We summer in Teller or Park County Colorado
Winter In Yuma, AZ
Spring and fall we travel to see the kids and have a place in Kansas near Wichita
LeRoy and Anne Willis