Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

New to us, Eagle Coach.

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Eddy
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle Model 01

New to us, Eagle Coach.

Post by Eddy »

First post here, long time reader. My Wife and I just bought our first Coach. Not much to choose from in Fairbanks, Alaska. I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of this bus and you can help me with the numbers I have found on this bus. It is an old conversion and now has an 8v92T in it with two radiators the back one may be a swing out (I hope). There is two numbers in red that are on the right side of the engine bay near the right hand taillight swing out door. The other was the MCC number. Engine Runs, transmission engages, something is locked up in the drop box/diff. Removed axles and loosened brakes to put on a landoll for a ride home. Initial investment cost, less then 3K. Can't get pictures to work yet. Possible serial number is 30247 stamped on a welded tab, to the left is another stamped welded tab with the numbers 06 098. Thanks for your time. AdamP
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: New to us, Eagle Coach.

Post by beltguy »

Adam, welcome to our forum. My apologies, there was still a problem with your group ranking and that may have prevented you from posting pictures. I have no idea how your registration got so screwed up.

When you open the page to create your post, down towards the bottom you will see a button that says "Upload attachment". When you click on that, you will be able to upload almost any size photo - several per page.

The serial number 30247 has the following information in one of databases:
30247 AE10 Arizona Bus Lease (AZ) 710 7/80 leased to Harran Tptn. Inc. 710 (NY)
To East Coast Parlor
Car Tours 710 (MD)
That would suggest you have a 1980 Model 10.

Be sure to show us some pictures and tell us more about your coach. Also feel welcome to ask any questions.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Wkyongae
Bus Model: Eagle 10

Re: New to us, Eagle Coach.

Post by Wkyongae »

Welcome, my wife and I are eagerly awaiting our new (used) bus to come home from the shop. 1984 Eagle 10 "Campbus"