Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Re: original post titled “Had a minor accident (minor to th

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
YUMAEAGLE
Bus Model: 1965 '01

Post by YUMAEAGLE »

I HOPE I'M DOING THIS RIGHT (POSTING) :roll: :?: If not, PLEASE let me know - Thanks

Re: original post titled “Had a minor accident (minor to the Eagle)” (continued)
Thank for your responses. Sorry I just couldn’t find the time to respond before now. Having to deal with a situation such as this takes more time, effort and energy than one might think. I wasn’t able to move the Eagle until final OK from the insurance co. until THIS Friday (a week after the collision) Had to move the destroyed 5th wheel as to allow me to pull out forward rather than try to maneuver my way out of the trail of destruction by backing out in reverse.
One of the suggestions from one respondent was for me to give a ‘signature’ so, I will try to get that out of the way first.
Name: YUMAEAGLE
COACH (info): 1965 Silver Eagle Vin# 6897
Detroit 8V92 – Turbo - 525 HP (?) “I was told”! 4 speed Allison
Rear AIR BAGS (add-on ?) – or, could be original (please – someone please set me straight if not so.)
6 KW Honda (propane) water cooled generator.
Originally converted in 1985 by a gentleman who developed dementia by the time it ended up with me – thereby I could not find out what half of the ‘blinking lights’ and bells & whistles and switches do. A lot of this is a total mystery to me and about all I can say is: I can basically drive it from point ‘A’ to ‘B’. This man rigged up a number of ingenious features such as : all the cabinets automatically ‘LOCK’ when the engine is started. There are ‘over-ride’ push buttons (hidden & out of sight) on all of the locations so a cabinet or drawer can still be accessed while the coach is under way.
I’m sure I probably forgot to list ‘ALL’ the information as I was typing this up, but will add on anything of importance later if I find I forgot to list them. If you’re curious about any specifics, or something which I may have obviously missed, please don’t hesitate to ask.
NOW FOR THE ‘PARTS LIST’ of the damaged items. Hopefully some of you will know where to get parts.
1. Windshield – pass.side (they look to be exchangeable – i.e. left and right – please let me know if that’s so) ALSO would like new rubber gasket for the glass.
2. Door window – it’s still in one piece but has a somewhat noticeable (slight) bend. Could still be usable, but NEW would be better.
3. Both (left & right) front turn signal lenses. The right side could actually use the whole light fixture – but could get by with lens only (for now).
4. Driver’s side –SIDE STOP LIGHT indicator light.
5. BOTH left & right side (corner) BUMPER pieces and reflectors
6. One chrome ‘hubcap’
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Well, the hopped up 8V92 explains your quick acceleration and path of destruction, it sure looks like this will be a messy insurance claim. You started a new message with this posting, it would have been better to reply to the original message so that all responses are together. Your 1965 Eagle would be a Model 01 originally, but could have been updated with parts from newer Eagles. The torsilastic suspension parts for the 01 are different from the newer models, and are not available anymore as a part, unless from a salvaged coach. That would explain the rear airbags - they were added to boost the worn-out original parts. It would help if you posted pictures of your coach so that we could identify what bumper parts and lights you have. They might be from a Model 01, or 05, 10, or 20. The locking mechanism you have for the cabinets would be of interest to others if you can figure out how it was done and what parts are involved.
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
YUMAEAGLE

Post by YUMAEAGLE »

I'm responding to my own post. Haven't figured out yet how to keep adding on. Thanks for the reply. Still need to figure out how to add photos. If anyone wants to respond with a quick fix cure and point me to the right section - that might be helpful (and appreciated). I guess I need a short and quick mini lesson of the basics of 'posting'. I still need to go back to some of the respondent's posts
YUMAEAGLE

Post by YUMAEAGLE »

This is a continuation of ABOVE post: .................

.... from my original post. (I wasn't ignoring anyone) Just been super busy with all sorts of extra things other than the normal daily routine stuff such as follow-up Dr. appointments, etc.
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

Eagle Frame Number 6897.

This bus was delivered new to American Buslines, a company that Continental bought out in the 50's. American's routes stretched out from New York and Washington to Chicago, Omaha, Denver, Salt Lake City and Los Angeles plus San Francisco. That means it really got around the country back then.

The original fleet number was 6955. In 1969 Continental went to a five digit numbering system. Your bus became 25743. The 25 showed the owner was the Los Angeles Division of American. The 7 showed the bus was an 01 Eagle. The 43 said this was the 43rd 01 assigned to American Los Angeles. It wore this number for the rest of the time it was with Continental.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
YUMAEAGLE

Post by YUMAEAGLE »

Well, I made it back to the post. (after dealing with all the little problems - insurance companies, etc.)
From the best I can tell, according to all of your (very helpful) information, for which I'm grateful, I have a 1965 '01 Eagle. I looked at a bunch of different Eagles here and to me a good many (almost all) look very similar, enough to be confusing to a 'newbie' like me. I'm trying to figure out what parts I need to replace the damaged parts, but it makes it really hard because of how closely alike they all look. Plus, I don't have a clue what changes the guy who converted this bus had made. My question that hopefully, someone can answer... is there a source which shows side by side pictures of the models in sequence by the production year/models? Mine looks like more than 50% of the ones shown in the photos on this site.

Here's THE ‘PARTS LIST’ of the damaged items. Hopefully, some of you will know where to get parts.
1. Windshield – passenger side (they look to be exchangeable – i.e. left and right – please let me know if that’s so) ALSO would like new rubber gasket for the glass.
2. Door window – it’s still in one piece but has a somewhat noticeable (slight) bend. Could still be usable, but NEW would be better/('nicer'!)
3. Both (left & right) front turn signal lenses. The right side could actually use the whole light fixture – but could get by with lens only (for now).
4. Driver’s side –SIDE STOP LIGHT indicator light.
5. BOTH left & right side (corner) BUMPER pieces and reflectors
6. One chrome ‘hubcap’

As of yet, I haven't found a section such as 'WANTED' where to post this sort of request. If there's one please clue me in.

As always, Thanks VERY much for the support you all are giving.
sunlovers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F419288
Bus Model: 1967, SILVER EAGLE, MODEL 01 SE, 4 SPEED MANUEL, VIN # 7080

Post by sunlovers »

YUMAEAGLE,
First thing we need is pictures so we know what level of conversion has taken place. If the front end has been changed you may need newer style (model 5,or 10) parts for the turn signals. It does sound like the bumper corners have already been changed. With that said here are some contacts,

JEFFERSON TRUCK & BUS
ED
405-272-0213, 405-232-9206

GOODSON BUS
GREGG OR FRANKIE
828-428-4102
Mike & Kathy Mingus
PARADISE
'67 Model 01 SE, 4 speed man.
8V71, Vin # 7080
Bishopville, SC