Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Had a minor accident (minor to the Eagle)

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Re: Had a minor accident (minor to the Eagle)

Post by Bus & Car »

Thanks for the info. They were the best out there for years for Eagle parts an know-how.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
YUMAEAGLE
Bus Model: 1965 '01

Post by YUMAEAGLE »

Well, it's been a while and this is the first chance I had to log on again. You all probably heard the saying (I think it may have been in a song?) "If I didn't have any bad luck I wouldn't have any at all". Last week I was coming out of a store with my shopping cart and a lady hit me with her truck while backing out (rather fast). I was airborne and landed on my backside and ended up with a lot of bleeding and a concussion. I was flown by chopper to Phoenix from Yuma and that was not a very comfortable ride considering the damage to my head. Things are not quite over yet as there was bleeding on the brain and they want me to come back for what looks like at least ONE follow up. But so much for all of that - I didn't want to bore all of you, so now the REAL reason for my post. This was just in case you wondered why I haven’t been back to respond to anyone.
Since the original Eagle Mishap I have decided to sell the Eagle (as is where is).
Here are some of the specs:
1. 8V92 turbo-ed (525HP) w/4speed Allison. Engine has about 65K miles and the block was a NEW block (not a rebuilt).
2. The bus is in good condition (overall) and the interior is solid oak raised panel doors cabinetry. Headliner and walls are OK but carpeting was planned to be removed and replaced with wood floors.(but was not because of incident). Furnishings (chairs, etc.) can easily be upgraded.
3. Four (4) new starting batteries, three (3) new house batteries. Has all kinds of stuff such as macerator for black water and automatically locking cabinets and drawers when the engine is started (with manual over-ride buttons while under way) etc.
4. Please call me if you have any questions. (about ANYTHING).
5. I’m asking $20k
Just a side note: I also have a converted GMC 4501 (SCENICRUISER) with a naturally aspirated 8V71 (318HP) and both buses get around 7 ½ miles to the gallon. And, oh yeah, … The Scenicruiser is also for sale in case anyone is interested.
So, If you have any ‘wannabe’ EAGLE owner friends maybe you can mention this post to them.
Thanks to all of you
Karl
P.S. Of course (you should know from my original post) that there is some damage - i.e. bumper corners, turn sig. lenses, pass side windshield (all superficial))
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

All I can say is WOW! I am sorry to hear that you are selling the bus, but I understand and maybe we can help you.

We have a forum called Eagle Mall. Between it and the main website, it gets quite a bit of traffic - presumably folks looking for an Eagle. I would suggest you gather as many pictures and prepare a comprehensive list of details and create a thread.

This is a free service.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Eagle obsessed
Bus Model: 1968 model 05 Eagle series 60 and B500

Post by Eagle obsessed »

Would it be possible for you to post more pictures?

I would for sure recommend creating a for sale thread in the eagle mall.

Thanks
1968 05 Series 60/B500 swap 2019-2021
1971 05 8v71 Spicer 4 speed parts bus
YUMAEAGLE
Bus Model: 1965 '01

Post by YUMAEAGLE »

I wrote the attached email to Jim Shepherd who responded with the following suggestion:

Jim Shepherd for Eagles International
8:55 AM (4 hours ago)

Hi Karl

As you can tell from the auto-reply I have had to draw the line when it comes to advice on Eagles via personal communication. It can absorb huge amounts of my time - time I don't have.

The forum is still alive and there might be a possibility of keeping it alive at some level.

Please post this text on the forum.

So, here it is:

Karl Crusius <karlcrusius@gmail.com>

Fri, Sep 28, 5:12 PM (20 hours ago)

to Jim

Hello Jim.

First, I want to thank you again for your help in the past. To jog your
memory, I'm "YUMA EAGLE" with the runaway 525HP 8v92 Turbo'd 65 EAGLE who had that destructive little mishap the end of April this year. Well, I got the neighbor's damage taken care of to his satisfaction, but haven't had the time or energy to take care of the damage on the EAGLE. I might like to add... this hasn't been my lucky year so far and about all I can be thankful for is that I'm still among the living. On June the 13th I was hit by a pickup truck backing out (in an extreme hurry) of a parking spot in a store parking lot and hit me so hard that I 'flew' backward in an upside-down SUPERMAN flying position and hit the asphalt head first causing a concussion and subdural hematoma (bleeding on the brain) I had to be flown to Phoenix via chopper to a Hospital which specializes in injuries of the brain. Not to bore you with a bunch of details - it took quite a while for me to function again with any semblance of normalcy. So, I will try to make an attempt to make the necessary repairs ASAP. To my dismay, in the meantime, I discovered that EAGLES INTERNATIONAL IS CLOSING! Did I tell you yet that this is my LUCKY YEAR?

Anyway in our previous conversations I enjoyed and appreciated your help and comments, etc. and I had the feeling that you were 'The Big Daddy of The EAGLES.' At least, I hope that's true in view of the EAGLE SITE shutting its doors. If you would be so kind as to steer me toward some sources for replacement parts I would greatly appreciate it, as I would like to get it back into shape. Luckily, all the damage is pretty much superficial such as the left and right bumper corners and the turn signal lights and windshield. Luckily the 'walls' I plowed through were made of 'Mexican Brick' which is a very flimsy construction and has been known to break through by someone (BIG) leaning against it, so I don't believe there is any structural damage but merely cosmetic stuff.

Also, I would also consider selling it "as is" for a buyer on a budget.
The interior has Oak raised panel cabinetry which is in good shape, but replacing the carpeting would do wonders for the interior especially if it was replaced with a wood floor.

So, Jim... if I could get you to give me some leads - ANY leads... to either replacement parts sources or potential EAGLE 'wana-be-ers' I would appreciate it greatly. And... if you should ever be crazy enough to come to YUMA, AZ you could stay on my lot for free - I have 3 separate hookup stations. The weather here is very nice from mid Oct. to April/May. And, at times even into June.

Thanks, Karl

NOTE: If anyone would like to respond please email me at: karlcrusius@gmail.com or give me a call at: (928) 247-5511
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Hi Karl

With your track record, I would not wear pants with zippers :D :o

I am on the road, so this will be a quick answer to one of your questions: vendors. Here is the link to a list of some of the vendors:

http://www.eaglesinternational.net/test ... f=5&t=4352

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

One more thought. I think you were looking for bumper parts. If they are not too bad, there are folks who can straighten and polish them. I am pretty sure they are stainless steel and folks can make them look new.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO