Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Bought an Eagle

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Re: Bought an Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

The VIN Plate was above the drivers window on 1982's, but by 1984 they are riveted inside the first aid & fire extinguisher cabinet by the entrance door under the dashboard. In your case, since there has been so much work done, it could be long gone. Except for title or ownership proof and registration, it won't matter much as Eagle production records are hard to locate after 1980. It could have been made in one of two plants in Texas. The VIN would have been a 17 digit one, if you found a welded plate inside the rear of the coach with four digits, that would mean the frame of the coach was older than 1980.
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Walter when did come over here to slum with us lol welcome good to see you not a lot of BS happens here
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Cliff, I joined up when I realized you did not have to be a member to sign up for the board. I would be a dues paying member in a flash if it were not for the fact you have to join FMCA as well. I used to be, back in the nineties, but the dues did not seem worth it considering all the ads in the magazine you had to wade through. Their headquarters is only an hour away, but I never felt compelled to visit.

You are correct that there is less nonsense on this board, their hearts are Eagle-pure. The sad thing is that there are fewer and fewer people active, so I figured I better chip in.
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
AUSSIE EAGLE 10
Bus Model: 1984 Eagle Model 10

Post by AUSSIE EAGLE 10 »

Thanks all for the input, i will continue to search for the VIN but i'm not worried if i find it or not, just wanted to be able to trace some history. I believe it was a grehound here in OZ and came down from Queensland to South Australia but thats all i got. It was registered in my state without the vin 18 yrs ago! It has spent all that time in storage never had the new number plates on it. I have looked at the trans and there's no ring gear on it, the old owner did tell me it's a 640 but i will check the id tag and the enginge is a 1997 low klm Cummins m11 celect plus 400hp with no flex or ring gear. I'm having a hard time getting my head around the fact that the engine and trans etc are all from 97-98? But never been installed feels a bit like a barn find scenario? The trans is brand new still still strapped in the box as are the 3 winscreens? Crazy, they are new but date wise are old as hell lol. I will attempt some pics today, been crook and raining here, i dont have the luxury of a 2 storey garage to park it lol.
Cheers Tony
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

hmmm the avatar covers some of my post! sorry fella's. Ok all good just had to do a few more compressions lol
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

Are there any sites or associations for bus or coach fans Down Under?

I just had a look on the internet and found nothing other than some current information.
My records do show the coaches from Bus & Car that went to Greyhound Oz. They had fleet numbers 501-510 from 1974 and 551-576 from 1976-77. VIN's for each for the asking. I have nothing on the 10's that were sold there in the 80's .

The operator Batterham's also had an 05. I think the VIN was 9292 but I don't know that for a fact.

Any ideas?
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

Gidday mate, we have a caravan and motorhome australia club with a mix of all things RV. I haven't really looked into them as yet but seeing as these are not common here it may be hard to get any info. The only other carrier was pioneer maybe they had some Eagles but who knows. What i find strange is that my buses dash was all in imperial not metric! Any vehicle that come here should have been in metric? As i said earlier in one of the post what would have been your drivers side still looks like it should be as there is no door on that side! If it was an import that side should have the passenger door fitted? but mine has only the one front access door and thats for the driver and that door would have been your passenger door! Maybe someone with more money than brains imported it then Started an Entertainer conversion. I did hear that the guy who owned it had told someone that including the purchase of the bus plus all the money spent on spares and having the body completely re- steeled had cost him approx $200,000 AU dollars!! Whether this true who know's but it certainly doesn't take long for things to sky rocket when it comes to body rest's. I do recall he said the bus was very rusty which i think must have come as a surprise to him.
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

you were correct Double Eagle it is an Allison HT740! I have no idea why he said 640? So now i need to find what flex plate and ring gear combo fit it and my m11.
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

pics being posted in the project section, under my 84 eagle project part 1
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I don't understand the part about the starter ring gear if the torque converter is on the transmission the ring gear is there.As for the flex plate the 740's all use the same 3 to 5 plys you only need the center hub for different engines.I can send you a flex plate but I don't have a hub for a M-11