Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Bought an Eagle

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Bought an Eagle

Post by beltguy »

Off topic a bit.

Walter (DoubleEagle), I wanted to welcome you to our forum and let you know that we appreciate a new member contributing to our forum.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
AUSSIE EAGLE 10
Bus Model: 1984 Eagle Model 10

Post by AUSSIE EAGLE 10 »

Thanks for your input.Here is a pic of the trans so that it will give you an idea of whats going on. I think it was either removed or was never with it? Now the previous owner had purchased the trans new so he could marry it to the M11? Maybe the ring gear on the motor was of no use and he simply forgot to get one with the unit? Who know's. Thank you for the offer of the part, but seriously the postage from your part of the world can be horrific to say the least, it would most likely be cheaper to source one from here, even though we do have Great whites on land also!! lol
Attachments
20180225_142916.jpg
Last edited by AUSSIE EAGLE 10 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

You can see the serial numbers near the centre hub on the torque, Here is the rear of the engine also, the hole diameter is approx 50mm, and the diameter of the centre hub of the torque converter is approx 60mm? I assume the flex plate adjusts for the variation in size difference.
Cheers Tony
Attachments
20180225_142934.jpg
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

AUSSIE EAGLE 10 wrote:Gidday mate, we have a caravan and motorhome australia club with a mix of all things RV. I haven't really looked into them as yet but seeing as these are not common here it may be hard to get any info. The only other carrier was pioneer maybe they had some Eagles but who knows. What i find strange is that my buses dash was all in imperial not metric! Any vehicle that come here should have been in metric? As i said earlier in one of the post what would have been your drivers side still looks like it should be as there is no door on that side! If it was an import that side should have the passenger door fitted? but mine has only the one front access door and thats for the driver and that door would have been your passenger door! Maybe someone with more money than brains imported it then Started an Entertainer conversion. I did hear that the guy who owned it had told someone that including the purchase of the bus plus all the money spent on spares and having the body completely re- steeled had cost him approx $200,000 AU dollars!! Whether this true who know's but it certainly doesn't take long for things to sky rocket when it comes to body rest's. I do recall he said the bus was very rusty which i think must have come as a surprise to him.
WOW!!!

Sounds like you have a back door import rather than one made for Oz and most likely ex-Greyhound over there.

Wonders never cease!!!

Eagles were infamous for rust over the years so no surprise that it needed a lot of structural repairs to make it roadworthy.

Again, when you get a free minute or two, please poke around the framework in the rear and look for an additional small plate welded onto an existing frame, normally on the right side as you are looking in. Just behind the bumper is the first place to look but look at the other exposed frame members back ther as well. You may need a wire brush to clean it off.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

Cheers i will have another look today, but ive been everywhere and there's nothing so far.
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Your best hope of getting advice about mating the Allison to the M11 is Luvrbus (Clifford) within the bus conversion community. I would check around diesel garages where you are, and price locally, but depending on how fast you want a shipment to go, the shipping might not be that bad if you specify by slow boat. The exchange rate from the US might be in your favor (or not). I drove a Dutch Van Hool bus that had that combination for a few years. Check to see if there are any Van Hool's down under being parted out.
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

Ok thanks for that Joe, i had another look for a vin but there is nothing anywhere!! A flea couldn't have hid from me lol. Not to worry, will be another mystery to ponder FOREVER!! lol.
Thanks Walter i will do as you suggest. cheers.
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Post by akroyaleagle »

Welcome Aussie!

What a project you have started. It appears you have stolen the coach and parts.
I do not doubt the previous owners expenditures at all.
It costs dearly to get educated about these buses. Probably not now with the web but when some of us started over 20 years ago, we had to learn through our wallets.
You are in the right place to get info.
Good luck with your endeavors. I too, wonder about the structural safety of that slide. Interesting stairs. Threw me at first until I remembered that is curbside for you.
Please keep your project thread up! We want to follow your trials. That is spelled correctly!
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

Thanks for the reply Joe! Yes it is a project but it does not scare me as it's all here just in boxes, the slide is actually very good! It has a great hydraulic slide setup with electric and hydraulic locks, which need to be applied to open and close it, it has been engineered as has the slide out stairs which are also air operated. Yes the only downside to the staircase is that i would need quite a bit of room when parked to open both the slide and the stairs. However trying to enter the bus through the drivers door would become a pain after awhile.
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

DoubleEagle wrote:Your best hope of getting advice about mating the Allison to the M11 is Luvrbus (Clifford) within the bus conversion community. I would check around diesel garages where you are, and price locally, but depending on how fast you want a shipment to go, the shipping might not be that bad if you specify by slow boat. The exchange rate from the US might be in your favor (or not). I drove a Dutch Van Hool bus that had that combination for a few years. Check to see if there are any Van Hool's down under being parted out.
Van Hool buses and coaches are made in.......Belgium!
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!