Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Bought an Eagle

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
AUSSIE EAGLE 10
Bus Model: 1984 Eagle Model 10

Bought an Eagle

Post by AUSSIE EAGLE 10 »

Gidday all from the land down under, Just joined the group as I recently purchased an Eagle! So now the road I travel will give me greyer hair, then I will turn down the road of despair, and endless deep pockets topped off with smiles and tears lol. Anyway my bus was someone else's nightmare and they sold it on and now it's mine and I love it! It's a 1984 Eagle model 10 That has been totally stripped to the frame and been resto'd from the ground up, There is barely a piece that has not been touched. It has had a 300mm roof lift and has a 5mtr slide, it also has a slide out staircase to the side with a centre opening door. it has a low klm Cummins M11 Celect plus engine with a brand new in the box Allison 640 Auto Trans. 11 new chrome steel rims and tyres and 3 brand new windscreens, there are tons of bits. Has brand new torsilastic suspension to be fitted also.This bus I should say is a bare shell inside due to the resto work but atleast I know it's all good. I got it really cheap in Aussie dollar terms but I know it was a great buy as the new parts way outdo my purchase cost, it also has new aluminium panelling all around the bus. I know i'm probably ranting on but just thought I would give you all an overview of what I got. So at present it is a big big jigsaw puzzle as I have boxes and boxes of eagle parts to reassemble lol, However I look forward to the challenge. One thing I am missing is the ring gear and flex plate? Apparently some bits were stolen when the previous owner had it in storage! Does anyone here know what type fits the m11 celect plus to Allison 640 Auto Trans? I know the engine has 8 bolts for the ring gear to be attached to the motor. Anyway thanks for reading and will see how we go!!
Cheer Tony :D
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Re: Bought an Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Welcome mate! I have a 1984 Model 10 myself, but it has not been through the tear-down and rebuilding that yours has. Mine was never a passenger bus, it started out as an entertainer coach with 12 bunks. Your transmission should be a Allison HT740 if it was equipped like mine (I have the Detroit 6V92T). Maybe when the M11 was put in, it came with a MT640. That trans is usually for smaller gross weights and a maximum 250 hp. If you can find the serial number of the transmission, go to the Allison website Allisontransmission.com and put the serial number in to identify your transmission. Before you get a flex plate you will need to identify what it is positively.
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

Gidday sounds like a fellow aussie lol. Well i'm not sure as the previous owner told me it was a 640 but until I remove the box lid again and have a look I can't say for sure. I'm all new to this and wanted a clean slate and boy did I get one lol. he had it stored for 18yrs, so it's a time capsule lol, it has a 1998 freightliner dash and wiring loom which matches the engine to go in it which I don't mind the look of myself. It's a five year project for me as I see no need to rush it as I want it as good as I can get it for roadworthy here in S.A
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

I do know that Greyhound of Australia, no relation to American Greyhound, bought some Model 05's in the 70's from Bus & Car that were made with right hand drive and metric instruments and dimensions. Later on they came back and bought some 10's from Eagle International. I'm happy to hear that at least one still survives Down Under.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Hi Tony A very special long distance welcome!!

It is pretty easy to post pictures here and we really don't believe anything unless there is photographic proof :D :)

Your rebuild would make a great thread in the Project Eagles forum. We love to see the work that folks do during the conversion process. If you look at the replies and views of the threads, you will see the popularity of that forum

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

Gidday Jim and thanks, yeah the old fish was this big honest!! lol I have plenty of pics and will attempt to upload some today, be warned she's a shell inside but as i said earlier pretty much new steel from the tag axle forward, you will see in the pics when posted. I'm having trouble locating the vin at present as so much steel has been replaced i fear it's gone! Anyway it was registered after the resto and was registered here in OZ as a Van would you believe and the rego documents have no vin or chassis numbers so i have to assume over here it's not a big deal lol. This is going to be a long project as i have no experience with these buses but i just look at it like it's a big car. In a way i was dissapointed it was at the stage it's at but then i realised it was a blessing because of the $$$$$$$ needed to do what was done. Putting the engine and trans etc back in are just a nuisance really but again it's an opportunity to build a new bus under the skin. When the photo's get uploaded you will see that i have reinstalled the rear exterior panels, this was done to keep the weather out a little as we are going into cooler weather over here, the engine is not in it. It's unfortunate i know little about it as the guy i got it from is not forthcoming with any details, i have to assume it stung him bad!! He said he had 2 folders with info on the bus and internal layout plans and other stuff but said he would sell them to me if i payed a small fortune!! That i am not willing to do. Oh by the way my bus is an entertainer but again not sure how long it's been this way, also it had the 84 Eagle dash in it which is not metric? What would normally be our passenger door is not a door so i assume it was once left hand drive as now the driver sits on the right and the driver door opens to get in and out! What was the the passenger door for us just has windows and opening storage underneath.
Cheers Tony
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

Hi Tony

For your VIN, have a look above the drfiver's side window. There should be a data plate there with that and some other stuff. If that does not work, open the rear engine door. Look down and to the right near the lower corner of the opening. You should see a small metal plate welded onto the frame rail just behind the bumper. It should have at least a 5 digit number stamped into it that starts with a 3. Their may be other numbers on it or even another small plate welded to a different frame rail nearby. Please let us know if that works and what the number is.
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

Forgot to ask...

Does it have roo bars on the front??? ;;;---)))
AUSSIE EAGLE 10

Gidday mate! Nah it doesn't have a roo bar lol, These things are that solid it wouldn't need one lol. Thanks for the tip on where to find the vin, this thing has so much new metal the only thing left from 1984 is the look lol. I will have a look and see if there are some numbers in the engine bay but i seriously doubt it as it's been all cleaned down and red oxide metal primed, but you never know. Maybe it's going to be lost to father time! Anyway i have to sort some pics but iv'e been crook as a chook today.
Cheers Tony :)
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Look at the transmission the 740 starter ring gear will be on the transmission a 600 series will have the starter gear on the flex plate,the flex plate for a 740 are all the same you just change the center hub for different engines hth