Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Soon to be bus owner!!!

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Soon to be bus owner!!!

Post by beltguy »

Shawn, I looked at the production number data we have on the site, and can not find your number. I suspect you did the same search. I was looking just for the 31094 rather than the full number: 1EUAN8B19D8031094. Before the government required a 17 digit VIN number, all vehicle manufacturers used their own numbering systems. Eagle used 4 or 5 digit numbers for many years.

After I figured out that yours was a 17 digit VIN I went back and we still don't have a listing. The two sources we have (Bowman and Richards) don't list later models. Joe (Richards) has sent me a lot of amazing data data and I try to publish anything he sends. I went back and did not find that he sent me anything for Eagles newer than 1980.

As far as the Torsilastics, I am not an expert, but I have seen worse. While extruding rubber can be a signal of a failure, the other thing to look for is cracks in the steel tube.

Keep us posted on what you find.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
bull02

Post by bull02 »

Howdy! Just curious if you purchased that bus and how's it?
Slandry786

Post by Slandry786 »

I did purchase it and got it running and drove it home. We have removed most of the interior and bus air. We are slowly picking at the little things on it.
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

Slandry786 wrote:I did purchase it and got it running and drove it home. We have removed most of the interior and bus air. We are slowly picking at the little things on it.
Don't throw away the coach air!!!

There's a recent thread or two on here discussing that idea. The consensus was to keep it.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!