Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Jefferson bus and truck going out of business

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Jefferson bus and truck going out of business

Post by rusty »

Starting Sept 11th all parts are going on sale at Jefferson. Sad that we are losing a good source for parts for our old Eagles. Someone will end up with the parts so they won't get scraped just be scattered all over the place.

Wayne
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Re: Jefferson bus and truck going out of business

Post by Bus & Car »

That's not just sad to hear, but it's bad news!!!

It isn't just the parts.

It is also the knowledge these people have. Now that will be scattered about as well. Of course some of the current employees may retire a little earlier than planned.

And isn't there a rumor going around that someone was interested in trying to relaunch Eagle? Someone more serious and better financed than the Hanlohs?

Buying Jefferson would be a great place to start.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Yes, Neil Flute is bringing back the M15. He has his ducks in a row and it's looking real positive. We might even see an entertainer shell coming out soon.

He has a Facebook group page, https://www.facebook.com/groups/EagleCoachConcept/
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

"You must log in to Facebook to continue.

NOT going to happen!!!

Does this guy have something on the web that's not on FB?
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Joe,I don't know if the guy can launch Eagle or not it is kinda of tight lipped .He is going to have a tough time trying to sell a new bus built from the old Eagle where is market for his buyers with Eagles record in the past he has a tough road ahead.
MCI,Prevost,Vanhool and others soak millions and millions into development and special financing to sell their buses,even with all the money the guy had behind him the BCI failed how many did he sell maybe 6 total in 4 years.I really think it is a dream but do wish him well
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

Thanks for the update.

Eagle development work started in the 1950's and continued for 40 years. The tooling still exists unless that jackass Hanloh had it destroyed so the startup costs of a relaunch would be minimal by comparison. Then again, Hanloh's biggest problem, other than being dishonest, was that he was severely undercapitalized from the start.