Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Aluminum Polishing

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
History

Aluminum Polishing

Post by History »

I'm way ahead of myself as I have nothing, at least on a bus to polish but I wanted to ask a few question regarding it.

Do many of you polish your own wheels , stainless or aluminum? Do you mind saying how often and what techniques you use?

Do any of you polish the aluminum sheeting around the bottom of the bus and again how often and how exactly do you do it?

I'm sure some of you pay to have this done. When I drove a truck there was always someone at the truck stops either doing this or advertising to. I don't remember any power tools being used back then although I'm sure there were. I do remember a guy selling something he would just whipe on and whipe off that did an amazing job but the product you would get never worked like what he demonstrated.

If you don't mind sharing I would appreciate how you do yours and I'll admit I'm more interested in aluminum than anything else.

Thanks. Barry
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Re: Aluminum Polishing

Post by akroyaleagle »

I have the wheels polished. I have all the things to do it with but never get around to it. It's a dirty job! Plus I can never remember which order to use the buffing compounds in.

I usually polish the siding and paint myself or hire and help someone else. I use any good wax on the paint and Turtle Chrome and Aluminum was on the stainless and aluminum. That keeps it looking pretty good.

I'd be careful using a buffer on the aluminum. If you damage the anodization, you may create big problems. I suppose if the siding is bad enough, you'd have nothing to lose by buffing it all off and just keeping it polished. If it's that bad, maybe paint is the answer.
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD