Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Torsilastic Discussion

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Torsilastic Discussion

Post by beltguy »

There are two Eagle components that are potential issues for Eagle bus owners: Torsilastic springs and Drop Boxes. I hope to create a thread on Drop Boxes in a couple of weeks

In the past couple of weeks I have communicated with two folks who have had drive axle Torsilastic failure (both on Model 10). As far as I know there is no source for new Torsilastics. When Craig made his ill fated attempt to revive Eagle, he supposedly developed a source in Mexico. I am not aware of the status of that company. There is another attempt to bring Eagle manufacturing back to life, and I have heard that they are looking at parts sources. Again, I am not aware of the status.

From time to time, I see used springs pop up. Sadly folks are sending buses to the scrap yard, but I doubt that they are taking the time to strip valuable parts (worth way more than the scrap value of the bus).

Some folks add air springs to the drive and front a-arms. One of the better threads on the subject is here: http://eagles-international.net/forums/ ... 34c1d396fd. I have not seen air springs adapted to the bogey axle.

I wish I had answers for those having problems, but I don't. Maybe folks in the group will chime in.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
davida
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10

Re: Torsilastic Discussion

Post by davida »

Jim, I posted about this on the MAK board and this was posted by a member back on May 27, 2017. I wonder if they really do have them?????

David

I noticed that Sulastic.com has pictures of an Eagle rear torsilastic with measurements and a price of $2250 for the rebuild, plus shipping. I don't know if they still do them or not. Their number is (210) 492-4469.
Jaymz
Bus Model: 1961 01

Post by Jaymz »

I just called Sulastic . The guy on the phone said that he could rebuild my 01 Torsilastic springs. I have my doubts, but perhaps they can. Could this be the golden ticket for 01 owners? has anyone had any experience with these guys?
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Did he say what it would cost to rebuild them?

Wayne
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

That guy is a rep for Lord Manufacturing of Cary NC,Lord is word wide for rubber products and rubber to metal bonding they built the torsilastics for Foretravel,Safari,Dina buses,trailers and others .
I visited with the Houston branch of Lord I believe they can build the rear torsion for a 01 at what price they never told me .
Dick Lender (RIP) had Lord build him some sets of torsilatics for the Flex's and they did look good ,Dick told me they were better than the OEM torsilatics