Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

My new eagle in Wichita, KS

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Ed B
Bus Model: 1968 Model 05 with 8v71 and an eaton 9 speed.

My new eagle in Wichita, KS

Post by Ed B »

Just joined this forum yesterday and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Ed B. and I have been wanting an eagle since I was young and my parents had one. Its a 1968 model 05. I got it from a friend that had intentions of restoring it when he got it 3 years ago. he got it from a relative in Missouri who did a bunch of work to it. He replaced a bunch of the frame. Rebuilt the 8v71 and also put an eaton 9 speed in it. Which is a reversed pattern shift and have wondered why since I brought it home last weekend. I need to find a new dash and the wiring is a mess, but for the most part its in pretty decent shape and definitely a good start to restoring it. it runs great and starts every time! my legs did feel like jello after though. I need to grease all the throttle and clutch linkages. I was told it has power steering, but It doesn't look like it to me. I also want to get the bus heat going. I will post a picture of that, but the 2 fans in it wont come on. Probably a switch that is either missing or not hooked up to it. I am not sure how far I want to restore it but definitely want to get it safe and at least comfortable for out 8 children. Any help you guys can give would be appreciated. I will try to post some pictures if I can figure it out. please feel free to email me at ozarkflyer1974@yahoo.com. also let me know if there are any members close to me. I'm excited to get started but I know it will be an ongoing process.
dash.jpg
exterior.jpg
interior.jpg
heater.jpg
wiring.jpg
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: My new eagle in Wichita, KS

Post by beltguy »

Ed, welcome to our group. Posting pictures is really pretty simple. At the bottom of the screen where you enter the text for the post, you will find a tab that says "upload attachment". Hit that button and you can add several pictures. I have added the picture you sent me to your post.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Ed B

Post by Ed B »

yep! I didnt scroll down far enough. Thanks!!!
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

greetings from near you. When we are in town we park up near Sedgwick. And there is another Eagle nut in Wichita that know.
LeRoy
Ed B

Post by Ed B »

Do you have family here or just passing through on i35? Let me know next time your in town.

Ed
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

Ed, I am retired from the City of wichita, have a daughter and family in sedgwick. we own an acre east of sedgwick where we do the heavy dirty work on the bus. we leave for AZ Nov.
LeRoy
darryl97420
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1986 Eagle 10

Post by darryl97420 »

Welcome to the group! As a new owner myself It can get overwhelming but this group seems to encourage more than tear down.
Darryl
1978 Eagle 05, 8V71, Jake Brakes, Alison HT740, Original caps front and back
1986 Eagle 10, Cummins NTC-300, Alison HT740