Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

East Coaster in need of LH 6V92

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

East Coaster in need of LH 6V92

Post by Songman »

Does anyone know of any decent deals on a good used engine? This would be for an RTS bus with a 730. This guy has had no luck at all. He just bought the bus recently and started having trouble immediately. Blew the seals out of the engine and the Detroit dealer told him he needed a new engine. Unless there is more to it, I don't know why he couldn't just rebuild that one but the dealer said he needs another one.

He is located in NC. Please let me know if you have any leads.

Thanks.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

Re: East Coaster in need of LH 6V92

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Hey Dale,
I haven't forgot about you. The guy that I was talking to has gone to Hawaii for vacation...winter home...or what ever the case may be. I got word to him that we needed the engine. I am just waiting on a response.
--
BILL
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Guys Nick at Nimco has 100's of the lefties for 3500.00.My brother in law in Boise has one with 5000 miles on it in a bus he wants 3000 grand for but you have to take the whole bus good luck
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Thanks William. I knew you would keep on it. Just wanted to try other options as well because the guy is getting pretty desperate.

Clifford, the guy is even considering buying an old AZ transit to get an engine. The seller wants $3500 for it and it would take another couple thousand for him to get it home. Your brother's is probably a better deal because he knows the engine. What kind of bus is it in?

The setup William is looking at for us is supposed to have a ZF transmission. I assume that would be the 5-speed like I had in my RTS. That would be a great upgrade for any RTS, but do any of you have any knowledge of what it would take to upgrade to the ZF? Obviously you would have to have the computer stuff and pad, but would there be heavy modifications required to the bus?
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Dale, that guy needs to be careful about buying one the Phoenix transit engines they used all the cermaic parts and are low compression and are impossiable to start when the tempature is below 60 degrees, that is what my brother in laws bus is plus he lives in Idaho and allways a starting problem without a block heater for 24 hours good luck
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Yeah, I definitely recommended to him that the Phoenix bus was probably not his best route.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN