Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1966 Eagle 04

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Re: 1966 Eagle 04

Post by MrBreeze »

Heres A Shot Of My 04 When The PO First Bought It. :P

The Bus Looks A Little Different Now :o
The Roof Was Raised And Still Needs To Be Finished. I Will Look For Some Pictures.

See The Windshield Jason....(Its Been Added On To) Interesting...

Are You Almost Ready Paul ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

John
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

This Is What My 04 Looks Like Now (I HOPE) :o

Yea, It Needs Some Work...But,Nothing A Few Tarps And Some Bubble Gum Cant Fix.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JOHN
John & Stephanie
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Heres Two Pictures Of A 04 Eagle Thats Original
NICE !!!!!!!!!!

Ok-Bye
John & Stephanie
itchyfeet
Bus Model: Silver Eagel 05 #9662 1976
Made by Bus & Car Belgium.
Engine 1989 B10 Volvo and ZF 4HP500 4 Speed Automatic
Located in Interlaken Switzerland

Post by itchyfeet »

Cindy, its brilliant.

I will create something like a copy of your bedroom. I do have two air cylinders and maybe make the bed lift whit them.

thanks for the pictures

pesche
Pesche & Nats
Interlaken Switzerland

Silver Eagle 05 1976 #9662
Engine Volvo B10 1989
Automatic ZF 4HP500 4Speed
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Jason,.. The Picture I Posted Of The Rear Of The 04
Shows The Original Tail Lights. (Outer (4) On Both Sides).
The Ones On The Inside (2) Are Non-Original.

I Understand My 04 Looks A Little Rough Compaired To Yours... But, Whats A Guy To Do..??? There Is Not All That Many Out There. I Figure If Worse Came To Worse....I Could Always Turn Her Into A Parts Hauler :lol: .... El Caminobus Or.. El Ranchcheroeagle. Heck...Just The Parts Alone Should Be Worth The Trip... And Maybe A Great Source Of Parts For You In The Future.?? But, An In Person Inspection Will Tell Me What Direction The Project Will Go In.

I Hope That Helps You Out On The Rear Of Your Bus.

Also.....Where Is My Art Work ?? I Have Been Watching For The Mail Man...And Still Nothing ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great Work You And Stephanie Are Doing. I Really Like How You Just Get In There And Take Care Of Business !! Just Remember...
DONT BE SCARED !!!.. :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take Care
JOHN
John & Stephanie
sstrucinski
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle '04

Post by sstrucinski »

El Caminobus would be awesome. I can see it all now...eh, to be honest, when I try to picture El Caminobus all I can picture is Cheech and Chong ruining the upholstery.

We didn't get anything done today cause Jason had to teach a CCW Class and I took a much needed break. We'll probably get back to it tomorrow cause we have a friend coming out to help. We're still working on the wiring. We got a new converter and a slightly loved inverter and Jason tinkered with the old inverter and found that it still works so we've got a spare.

Oh and it looks like we're going to have to tear out the whole bathroom and start over. There is rotting and good stuff like that.

One thing I've learned from remodeling houses with my dad is that when you go into an old house (or in this case bus) to remodel it you'll most likely find that the person there before you 1.) had no clue what they were doing. or 2.) Were too lazy to do it right. Sure it makes for more work but if you can suck it up and do it anyway it ends up looking so much better than it ever would have if you hadn't ripped it all out and started over.

Another valuable lesson that I've learned, "Always expect the project you're working on to cost twice as much and take twice as long as you think it will."

That's enough of my rambling.
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

My records show that Model 04 frame number 1285 went to ETN in Holland during 1967. The fleet number was 108. It was part of a batch that included 1281 to 1287.

ETN had at least 17 of these coaches built between 1966 and 1970. 04's were produced from 1966 to 1972. The biggest single customer in my listings was Traen with at least 27 but my listings are far from complete and do not mention any of the 04's that were sold new in Marrocco. Also, the production years and the frame numbers do not seem to match up for whatever reason. I've heard there were about 110 of these made.

Traen also had at least one Model 12 or Model 15 (no relation to the American Model 15) back then. I'm not sure what the difference is between them and I've seen photos of both. I believe the 15 demonstrated in the USA and it may have been the 96 inch wide werson whle the 12 was the 98.5 inch European version. Either way, one of these was the replacement for the 04 and both looked very much like the familiar 05.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!