Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1966 Eagle 04

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
sstrucinski
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle '04

Re: 1966 Eagle 04

Post by sstrucinski »

Thats pretty cool. When I was a kid the house I grew up in had central vacuum system and it never worked. I never thought of having something like that in a bus. Is it efficient?
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

We've had it for about one year. It comes with all kinds of attachments, the hose goes from one end of the bus to the other. You can hardly hear it run. It lets you know when the cannister is full, a little LED comes on. It'll suck the hair off a dog! :lol:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Stephanie, What A COOL Name :shock: Well, THATS RIGHT,,,Also My Wifes Name.

So, Now Jason And I Have More In Common That Just Owning 04 Eagles.. :lol: :lol:

Its Nice That Your Here. I Am Trying To Get My Wife More Interested In The Bus Thing.... But, Its Slow.

JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by SunChaserCindy »

Ok, on the subject of space.... while we were deep into the building the insides of the bus, every time I saw a "space" anywhere, I told Art to put an access door, so I could use it someday.

When the shower wouldn't fit up flush to the wall because of the height, I told Art I want the 5 1/2 wide space for a broom closet.

The space behind the headboard and under the DVD's have access doors. The pillows normally rest over these doors so they are hidden. Not that I would keep anything important in there now that the whole world knows about them!! LOL

The steps next to the bed (so we don't have to run and jump to get into bed) have access doors.

I specifically asked for a space between the two dressers in the closet, not only for longer articles of clothing, but also for taller items to be stored, such as holiday and birthday wrapping paper.

Even though he rolled his eyes at me (something he does a lot), I claimed the 3" under the refrigerator too! lol Perfect for placemats, even though we opted not to put a dinette in our bus.... but they're for the picnic tables... yes, that's it, the picnic tables!!! LOL

That's all I can think of off hand.

Cindy
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser
http://www.webcove.com/eagle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Come-On Cindy....Whats Behind The Little Doors Behind The Pillows.......... :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

You Told Me......But I Bet You Forgot... :lol: :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
John & Stephanie
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

Paul, that's great! Maybe I can talk Jason into rigging up something like that for ours. It would be a lot more practical than trying to clean with a little dirt devil.

John, Thanks, I'm a pretty big fan of my name too. I don't know many girls that were named after their fathers. Mine's name is Steven. :)

Cindy, I love how you twisted his arm into giving you all that space. I've been getting eye rolls for getting excited about a few inches here and there and asking that it be used for storage. Probably cause it makes more work but you have to take advantage of what you have, right? Oh and I also like the sink cover in the kitchen. That's pretty spiffy! (a good way to hide dishes when guest stop by. lol

I like how you raised the bed for extra space and I really like the space in the headboard.

In ours I really like the Elvis/loungelizard look behind ours but it's a lot of wasted space and eventually I'd like to do something like what you guys have. The compartments behind the pillows would be a perfect place to stash a pistol.

Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SunChaserCindy »

I love that Elvis/loungelizard look, that's beautiful!

The extra space we created by lifting the bed was not only in height, but it also allowed us to schooch the bed further back because it's completely over the top of the engine cover. By moving the bed back, we also moved the wall between the bedroom and bathroom a few inches back, and created a little more bathroom area. I think we spend more awake hours in the bathroom than in the bedroom anyway. And, you are absolute right, just about every two outta three days we're in the bus, you'll find dirty dishes under the sink covers! :lol:

That area behind the pillows is a good place to keep a pistol, and that's probably what I told you, right John? (I'm guessing here... cuz we all know how happy we were most of the time at Quartzsite! LOL)
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

BUZZZZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Got It,,,,, Yea A Pistol...Thats What It Was
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops:
John & Stephanie
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

more bathroom area would be great!

:lol: @ John
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SunChaserCindy »

Not too bad of memory considering not only how happy I was at Quartzsite, but also how old I am (NOT), and also... I was lying!!! LOL. We haven't had to hide away the pistol because our grandbabies are not with us in the bus ... YET! Which reminds me, we just found out grandbaby #4 will make his/her appearance in October!
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser