Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Photobucket has crapped on its users and our board

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Photobucket has crapped on its users and our board

Post by beltguy »

Hi all

It seems that Photobucket has taken your photos and is holding them hostage. Here is an examplehttp://eaglesinternational.net/eagles-i ... 51ee94a06b

This is affecting every board that I read and it just plain stinks.

I am using Wayne's project thread as an example. A significant part of his photos are hosted on my personal hosting account, but he later switched to photobucket at my suggestion.

On Waynes project it will take hours to reconstruct/rebuild the project.

Right now this is just a heads up. I am following the situation, but the outlook is not good.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Photobucket has crapped on its users and our board

Post by luvrbus »

Photobucket will allow you to download your photos and move to another host I don't know how long that will last I moved mine to Amazon,lol I believe the free days are over.
The new CEO from SF at Photo bucket went for the money in a hurry I watched a interview with him he doesn't care what people think,he commutes from SF to Denver lol so they needed the money I guess
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

As I study this situation more, it turns out that this Photobucket Ransom move has affected a major part of the internet . Both Amazon and Ebay have huge numbers of product photos posted via PB.

Any thread on any forum that used PB links is basically useless. I have been working my way through a 153 page project built thread for a Bonneville car that had amazing detail. Now the thread is useless.

I have seen threats of lawsuits and many folks posturing that PB may back down. Probably wishful thinking.

As they say there is no such thing as a free lunch, but this whole mess has created a ****HUGE*** problem.

I have worried about this for some time because smaller PB type services have folded or broken links in the past. That is the reason, when we rebuilt this site, we made provisions for posting pictures here. Further, we did not put a limit the size of the picture.

I think the best thing we can do is to wait a week or two and see if PB backs down. If they do, that will give us a window to rebuild affected threads. If they don't, I have some thoughts on making the rebuild process a bit easier but still very time intensive process.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I don't think he will back down Jim,I read where people are paying it like over a 1/2 million and growing and a law suit will take years.All business can change their terms banks,credit cards are the worst followed by insurance co.s .
Google is going to do a number on us too with the Youtube I can see it coming :D but I don't use it anyways.
We are a nation of sheep and they all know it.People need to read the fine print in the terms and conditions before checking the box even on forums on some anything posted belongs to them I know of several like the BCM, this board could be too I never read the terms or conditions here
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

Clifford, you mean that you missed the fine print where we triple the access fee in the third year - oh wait, it is free :D

Our forum uses the standard boiler plate that our forum software suggests:
By accessing “Eagles International Forum” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Eagles International Forum”, “http://www.eaglesinternational.net/test”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Eagles International Forum”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “Eagles International Forum” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: https://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Eagles International Forum” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Eagles International Forum” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Eagles International Forum” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Fortunately, there has never been a need to revise the "terms" and not one person has been removed. I have removed a couple of obvious spam posts, but all other posts are in the database.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

I just closed my PB account.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!