Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Model 15 over the road AC for sale

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
AQUALAUGE
Bus Model: 45' Model 15 Factory Raised Roof

Model 15 over the road AC for sale

Post by AQUALAUGE »

I am selling everything related to the over the road factory AC on a 1993 Model 15 45'. Will not ship due to weight, you pull. Bus is located in Richmond Hills GA. Fans and plastic ducts have already been pulled. bus is a 12V system but don't know about the AC as there is a 24V alternator or generator.
Spoke to the church that owned it last and according to them they had 3-4k in repairs done to it so should be pretty fresh but cant confirm other than that. I am going with basement AC so no longer need.

Best offer. 509-460-8405 Billy
Jim H
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F407926
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle 01,8v92TA,HT740, Southwestern Coach Conversion
1989 Eagle Model 15

Re: Model 15 over the road AC for sale

Post by Jim H »

Please re-think that move, never would I remove a working model 15 over the road A/c on a bus I planned to travel in.
Jim & Denise
"Casper" Eagle 01 1966
"Eagle 2" Model 15 1989
AQUALAUGE

Post by AQUALAUGE »

Is that because of the extra cost of running the generator while traveling?
Jim H
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F407926
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle 01,8v92TA,HT740, Southwestern Coach Conversion
1989 Eagle Model 15

Post by Jim H »

No, of course that would be a factor, but no amount of add on Air will exceed the capacity of the on the road air. Also something to think about is basement A/c units have trouble with cooling traveling down the road, the pressure induced is the issue, condenser heat. That said, roof airs typically work the best. Figure your BTU's and the generator power needed to run that amount and compare that to the road air, then figure your other loads such as invertor/charger, hot water heater, ect. I have 3 roof units on the 01 and I can assure you running in 100 degree southern humidity, no one in my bus will be reaching for a jacket. LOL BTW, what size gen set are you planning on installing?
Jim & Denise
"Casper" Eagle 01 1966
"Eagle 2" Model 15 1989
AQUALAUGE

Post by AQUALAUGE »

I currently have a 17.5 KW Powertech. We have already floored over the original OTR AC. My issue with it was a couple things; 1) the intake location in the floor panels and 2) when we pulled the OTR AC ducting out it was nothing short of disgusting....about 1/16-1/18" of black mold and who knows what else black in there. Our bus was extremely clean when we bought it so I'm guessing they are all like that (behind the scenes). I opted away from rooftops because they tend to leak. I worked selling high end motorhomes for about eight years a while back and saw my share of rooftop leaks from anywhere a hole was cut so the only hole on the top of my bus is the black/grey tank vent well sealed with putty and sikaflex. I can certainly agree though that the original AC would have tremendous output based on the size of everything. We fabricated new insulated ducts about 2”x24” that span 2 rows side by side from front to rear and will feed them through a main vertical duct up through the floor. I guess we will see how that works out. I did prewire for roof airs just in case :)