Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Want to Purchase Eagle

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
bdelaughter

Want to Purchase Eagle

Post by bdelaughter »

Hello,

I am looking to purchase an Eagle. If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

A little about myself:

I have wanted an Eagle since childhood, I'M now in my forties. I have never been interested in Prevost, MCI, VanHool, or any other type of bus. I have run a large trucking company in the past, and therefore I'M fairly familiar with diesel motors, air brake systems, etc. With this said, Im not an expert and have always relied on my mechanics to fix majority of issues.

I"m currently a chief of police for a city in Texas, and don't have the mechanic availability that I once had with regard to diesel service.

I"m looking for a model 15 I believe, due to the 102 width? Someone please correct me if Im wrong. I like Detroit motors, have used both series 60 and Cummins in previous experiences with much luck. I also know Cat motors to be very reliable, but expensive to maintain and or repair. I guess my preference overall would be Detroit if option available.

I personally like standard transmission, but I"m open to an automatic as well.

I really like Jake brakes, but not a deal breaker

An updated interior is a must. I prefer an updated exterior as well and CANNOT be RED per the wife.

My wife likes all things top of the line when it comes to electronics, I couldn't care less if one television was inside though personally. With this said a moving satellite would really keep her happy if possible.

I'm not sure about the raised roof, etc, so maybe someone could help me with that? What is raised as opposed to standard?

I do like central air and heat with ducting. I don't mind roof air as a secondary system, but again not as a primary.

A generator is a must, not sure on how large though, would love one tapped into main fuel supply.

A full bathroom with walk in shower is a must.

I would like leather interior, but not a must.

I must have rear bedroom, no lounge to rear.

I am not a fan of bunks of any kind, simply wasted space for my wife and I. We have no children

The bus would be for the two of us, with me using at camper park with full hook ups through week. My home is about 60 miles form job and Im currently staying in travel trailer. The travel trailer is very nice, but always an issue, they are just built cheap.

I'm looking to spend between $45,0000 and $100,000 with at least half available in cash as earnest money.

If someone could help me, I already have a buyer for my travel trailer. I have also missed out on two very nice Eagles in Texas this week, but have been told that I"m on backup list.

I have my wife very interested, and want to purchase while the fire is hot. With this said, I have waited a lifetime for an Eagle and will refrain from buying junk of any kind.

Thanks again for any help
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Want to Purchase Eagle

Post by beltguy »

Bradley, welcome to our forum.

As you will note, I put your "wanted to buy" in a separate thread. Hopefully folks will respond here.

Your list seems well thought out and reasonable. It also shows some flexibility. Obviously any purchase will be a compromise of your list, but I am confident that you will find one if your are patient. Your budget should get you a pretty nice Eagle.

Please be sure to visit here often, as we get listings every so often. We just got one that fits many of your needs, but is a bit more than your budget: http://eagles-international.net/forums/ ... 7d42c689e9

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
tsh4432
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 430174
Bus Model: 1984 Silver Eagle 10

Post by tsh4432 »

I realize it's been a year, but have you found a coach yet?

Thomas
540-553-4111
Thomas S Harris Jr
Lynchburg VA
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

Branson Rally